Chapter 10

The last bell of school rings and I've already packed my supplies five minutes prior. I rush my way out of the classroom, desiring to go get some food at the convenient store across the street.

"Wait!" I hear Yoongi say as he rapidly packs his belongings in his backpack.

Not long after, I feel a presence by my side and immediately know who it is.

"Where are we going today?" He questions, his face solemn but I can hear a bounce in his voice.

"I'm going to get food at the store," I say, joining the crowd of students desiring to exit the building.

I feel a hand intertwined with mine. Tingles of electricity shoots up my hand and causes me to shiver.

I turn to see Yoongi checking his watch before he says "it's just 4:30. Do you want to go to the park with me and get dinner later?"

"I-if you want to," I respond back shyly, feeling his thumb caress against the back of my hand.

•••

The weather feels amazing. I check my phone and the weather man says it's around 20⚬ Celsius and the sun is just about to set.

"This is great," I say, walking along the sidewalk with Yoongi knowingly still having his grip in mine.

"I know something greater," Yoongi says, his eyes linked with mine.

"What is it?" I practically whisper as his face closed up to mine.

He leans into my ear and whispers, "you".

More intense tingles travel up my back and the beat of my heart blocks every other sound surrounding us. Butterflies are fluttering inside my stomach and my cheeks and ears have enough heat to start a wildfire. The corners of my mouth are pulled up and I pull my hand away from his grasp to use both of my hands to cover my face.

"You're so cute," he says, expressing a little laughter.

"Stop~" I embarrassingly mumble, keeping my red face away from his vision.

"Look! There's the park," he points out before taking his leave towards the twin set of swings.

"Come on!" He urges. "I'll push you".

I slowly make my way towards him, and halfway there, he grabs onto my wrist gently and pulls my onto a swing.

"Hold on tight," he says, gently pushing me at first, then using greater force to get me swinging high up in the air.

The ride is exhilarating. Yoongi pushes me till I reach above the bars of the swing then he stops. The both of us are laughing and he walks to face the front of me.

I kick my legs in the air, really caught up in the moment.

Then, all of the sudden, Yoongi stops laughing and his face gains a tint of red. He turns his back on my and covers his eyes with both hands. I get really confused and hope off the swing, getting myself to face him again.

"What's wrong?" I question. A little worried about the sudden expression.

I notice his ears are red as he continues to avoid eye contact with me and says, "um, wh-while you were- well um... you're wearing a skirt," he continuously stutters.

"I don't understand," I urge.

"Blue... white polka-dots," do I have to decipher all this?

Blue and white polka-dots~ weird. I think that's the type of underwear I'm wearing.

Hold on.

"OH NO!" I instinctively grab my skirt and force it down, head heating up like before, this time it's from embarrassment.

"I'm sorry," he softly squeaks out.

"Um.. haha. Let's eat right now. I'm kind of hungry," I awkwardly let out, trying to break the uncomfortable atmosphere.

"Oh! I know a good place to eat," he pops up from his position.

•••

"Jjajangmyeon? Really?" I raise one of my eyebrows as I stare at our big plate plate.

"I haven't had it in a long time. It's one of my favorites," he claims as he takes his chopsticks and sweeps up a big chunk of noodles.

•••

After sharing the whole plate and finishing it in half an hour. We both sit in an unruly posture.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom," I say, getting out of my seat and excusing myself, taking my purse with me.

After peeing and washing up, I get out of the bathroom and find Yoongi waiting right the at door for me.

"Hyemi," is all he says before taking his step towards me.

He takes a step forward as I take my step back. The process continues until I feel my back hit against a wall and he places his hands on the wall behind me, caging me.

He leans in really close and I don't know what to do. So I do what normal people would do.

I bend my knees and plunge myself down like a synchronized swimmer plunging themselves into the deep waters.

And that's when he loses it. His smirk turns into a boy cackling on the floor, holding his stomach as if it would ease the pain of laughing.