Popcorn, Cocoa and Video Games

*Whisper's POV*

I was sitting in the forest under a big oak tree on the edge of a clearing I had found. It was so pretty here. The soccer season had ended. Scarletta and the rest of the Lion's almost made it to the state championship but the school from Charleston kicked us out in the quarter finals. She had been so sad, she wanted to win so bad. But I reminded her that she still had next year and senior year to win it. It was now October and the weather had gotten much cooler. The leaves had begun to change. Instead of the deep lush forest green they were now all shades of fire. Some were auburn, others a fiery orange and some a dark gold. This little meadow was on the edge of a valley, right at the lip. The sea of new colors about me. 'I wish Scarletta was here with me. It's so beautiful here. I wonder where she is? She has been staying after in class a lot lately. But her grades are fine. What if she... No... no she couldn't have found someone...'

A deep sadness filled me. I couldn't even begin to explain how this felt. I felt more empty then a glass in the cupboard. What if she had found someone? Would they respect her? Would Scarletta not want to spend time with me? Would we still cuddle? My thoughts were suddenly interrupted as I felt a vibration in my lap. '1 New Text Message' My screen read. I obviously opened it up.
From: Scarletta Johnson
'Hey where are you at? It's almost 6.'
I looked at the time, sure enough it was 5:56.
'Sorry, I'm on my way back.' I texted back now walking back to the dorms. It wasn't that long of a walk and it was Friday so I was going to take my time. Even though I wanted to be with her as soon as I could, the though of her possibly being with someone else slowed me. Almost a second later I got a reply.
'Okay, but hurry up! I'm cold. I need my human heater.' I chuckled a bit and a smile found my lip.
'Okay okay, calm down boo. I'll be sure to make myself extra warm for you.'
'Yay! I'll put on some popcorn and hot coco'
I laughed and then started to jog.

Once I walked in the door I was tackled in a hug. "Are you trying to rape me, or say hello?" I said teasingly as I hugged Scarletta back. She faked a gasp and pulled back speaking in a over dramatic tone, "Oh so you don't want me to greet you with a hug? Well fine." She stood up and tried to act as upset as she could. Chuckling I rose up to her and hugged her tightly and returned in a dramatic tone, "No my dear I did not mean it in such a foul manner. Please forgive me and let us go away to eat the popcorn and hot chocolate that your lovely grace has prepared for us to consume." This caused us both to burst out laughing.
"You are so weird!" She laughed as she made her way to the kitchen and get the coco and popcorn.
"I know, but you love me." I grinned walking to my bunk. I meant it teasingly but deep down I hoped that she really did love me. Because I know that I love her.
"Haha, yeah I do." she retorted sitting on the couch. I came and joined her. "Can we play a game?"
"Sure, " I handed her a controller, "What game?"
"Hmm... How about... Little Big Planet 2?"
"Ohh, very nice choice." I flipped on my ps3 and waited for it to load up. "Hey, can I record this?"
"Us playing together?"
"Yeah, I haven't made a video with someone else for a while."
"Okay, just don't kick my ass to much please?"
"Kick your ass? Really? You have beaten several of my records on here!" I practically yelled as my little sack character loaded and fell into the pod. Scarletta pulled up her character as she laughed at my remark. "Ready?" My hand now placed on the power button for the camera.
"Born ready bitch! Haha!" I chuckled and turned on the camera.

2 hours later we were still playing, camera rolling and Scarletta was beating me. "NO!!!! Get. Back! HERE!!!" I yelled as I chased her up a temple trying to grab her with my grappling hook.
"Hehehehe! Nope!" she laughed as she crossed the finish line winning 6 levels in a row. I growled and glared at her in a playful manner but wanted it to look as real as possible. "Oh god... You mad bruh?" Scarletta said trying to act scared then laughed patting my head. I almost broke out laughing but in stead I just screamed and tackled her on the floor and started tickling her. We had knocked over the camera, popcorn and our empty coco mugs. I'm sure it sounded like I was brutally murdering her. "N-n-n-nooooooo!!! P-pleaseee n-noooo!!" she screamed as I tickled her with a evil grin on my face.
"Hehe, nope!" I said mimicking her voice from earlier.
"I-I'm going to pee!!!" She gasped for air and I finally stopped. We sat there laughing and then I helped her up. I picked up the camera seeing it was still rolling. I put it up again and we sat down. "Well guys thanks for watching Scarletta and I play Little Big Planet 2. Hope you all enjoyed seeing her kick my ass and then me tickling her to the point of nearly pissing herself. See you all later my lovely angel feathers..." I then went through my blowing a kiss motion and Scarletta mimicked me and we turned it off together.

She left her hand on mine and I felt the heat rising in my cheeks. I turned to look at her and she was smiling softly at me, "That was fun." she whispered softly. Her eyes held me captive as I stared deep into her beautiful violet eyes. I nodded slowly as I couldn't tear my eyes away from hers. She had me bewitched. I felt that if I was just to blink that she would vanish before my eyes could open again. As I looked deeper and deeper into her eyes I felt the small space between us closing. Her other hand was behind the back of my neck and mine resting gently on the small of her back. Both of us pulling the other closer. Our lips were so close barely a inch away.

I held my breath while what felt like a eternity pass by. Then just as I thought it would never happen, our lips touched. Her lips we soft and sweet. Their natural flavor. No chap stick, lip balm or anything. I felt her lace her fingers with mine, but only faintly. I was completely aware of her body so close to mine, but she had me captured in her soft eyes and her sweet lips. We soon pulled back. Far too soon for my liking. When we pulled away I felt a emptiness inside me. The fire that had been burning so strong just a mere moment ago was now feeding off the kindling of her presence. "I-I'm sorry Whisper." Scarletta said slowly looking down, shame filling her voice. I cupped her cheek and lifted her head.
"For what Scar?" my eyes now staring deep into hers
"I'm sure you don't like me how I like you." How could she not see that I was in love with her? That after the 4, almost 5, months I had known her that I was madly in love with her.
"You're right... I don't like you like that." I said softly. Pain suddenly filled her eyes as her heart began to crack, the fire in her eyes fading fast. I pulled her to me again for another kiss this one longer. When we pulled back confusion was radiating from her like heat from a fire. "I don't like you... I love you, Scarletta." I said timidly. But a huge smile came to her lips, and the green fire in her eyes returned. Pulling me into a tight hug, her lips just next to my ear, she whispered, "I love you too, Whisper."