Story 5 - Forever ch5

I moved without thinking, lunging between Bucky and Wanda, ready to block and attack from The Winter Soldier. Bucky remained frozen in his seat. Everyone in the room had gone silent, most people prepared for an attack.
"Bucky?" I asked, my eyes searching his face for any sign of The Winter Soldier.
"It worked." He whispered, eyes going wide in disbelief. "It actually worked."
"I told you it would." I said, smiling widely as the room irrupted in cheers. I turned to Wanda, grinning widely.
"I did it." She said, laughing quietly and looking at her hands.
"Of course you did." I replied, laughing and pulling her in for a quick hug.
"It was a dumb idea to use those words, but thank you." Bucky said, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles gently.
"You're welcome." She said, laughing and rolling her eyes, tugging her hand from his. Bucky pouted slightly, looking at his empty hand.
"Awh, sweetheart, does my charm not work on you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at Wanda. I sighed quietly, rolling my eyes as well.
"If you think this is bad, you should have seen him back in the forties." I laughed, glancing at Wanda. She shook her head, sighing and laughing again.
"I think I'm glad I didn't meet him back then." She said, a smirk playing on her lips. Bucky gasped, putting a hand over his heart.
"Oh, your words wound me." He said, breaking into laughter. I laughed with him, my heart lifting slightly. I felt as though the old Bucky was back.

"If you're ready to leave, my people are willing to escort you to the jet and return you home." T'Challa said after several medical tests had been run on Bucky. Everything seemed to be in working order, including his sense of humour. He kept trying to flirt with Wanda, which, honestly, was making me slightly jealous. But it shouldn't be. He was a friend and that was it. It wasn't as if we were actually in a relationship. And we didn't stand a chance of ever being in a relationship either.
"Alright. Bucky, leave Wanda alone and we can go home." I said, laughing as Wanda brushed off yet another of his flirting attempts. He sighed, flexing the fingers of his metal hand. T'Challa's medical experts had managed to replace his missing limb, creating a very similar metal arm to the one HYDRA had fitted him with.
"She won't accept my advances, Steve." He said, walking with me towards the jet. He glanced at me with a slightly shocked and curious look etched on his features. "You two aren't together, are you?"
"No, we aren't." I laughed, setting Wanda and I's bags down in the jet.
"And you and I don't stand a chance of dating." Wanda muttered to Bucky, taking a seat and bringing her feet up under herself.
"But why not, doll face?" He asked, taking the seat opposite her and flashing her a charming smile.
"As I told you, I'm not interested." She replied, pulling a book from her bag and starting to read, obviously wanting to distract herself. Bucky pouted softly at me as I sat beside Wanda.
"Bucky, leave her alone." I said, laughing quietly and fastening my seat belt.
"Fine, fine." He said, perking a brow at me. "What about blondie? Did you two get together?"
"Who, Sharon?" I asked, shooting him a confused look.
"Yeah, her." He replied, still giving me a curious look.
"No, we didn't. We decided we weren't right for each other." I said, looking out the window and holding onto the arm rests as the plane took off.
"Oh, alright." He said, and, for the briefest second, I could of sworn I saw a spark of hope flash through his deep blue eyes.