Story 5 - Forever ch6

(Steve's POV)
"Steve, wake up." Bucky's voice said, cutting through the haze of sleep I was surrounded in.
"Hmm, where are we?" I asked, opening my eyes slowly, jumping back when I found Bucky's face a few centimetres from my own. He laughed, leaning back.
"We're here, Sleeping Beauty. And you were drooling." He laughed, starting out of the plane, leaving his back behind. I quickly wiped the back of my hand across my mouth, sighing when I realised he was just messing with me. I lifted up the three bags, carrying them outside and meeting Wanda and Bucky by the car Wanda had arranged.
"Steve, where will Bucky be staying?" Wanda asked as I climbed into the car after putting our bags in the boot.
"He can stay with me if he wants." I said, realising that I'd never actually considered the fact that Bucky would need a place to stay.
"So we can talk about the war like two old granddads?" Bucky teased, flexing the fingers of his metal hand. I laughed quietly. I really hoped things could go back to the way they used to be. Well, maybe not completely. Hopefully I wouldn't have to deal with all the teasing I received in the past. But it wouldn't be Bucky if he didn't drive me around the bend.
"Or, so you can wind me up constantly." I muttered, looking out the window as the city flashed past.
"That's probably more like it." Bucky laughed, looking out the window as well.

"Bye, Wanda." Bucky and I said in sync as Wanda climbed out of the car.
"Bye, boys." She said, slamming the door behind her and grabbing her bag out of the boot.
"Just you and me, punk." Bucky said, grinning viciously at me.
"Jerk." I muttered, laughing and looking away from him. "Don't start now."
"Why not, Stevie?" Bucky teased, patting my shoulder.
"Because I'm tired." I said, glancing at his hand briefly.
"Up late with a girl before you came to help me, Stevie?" Bucky teased, winking at me.
"No, I just didn't sleep to well." I replied, feeling a blush starting to rise on my cheeks.
"Your blush is adorable, Stevie." Bucky said, poking my cheek and laughing.
"Seriously, Bucky, leave me alone." I laughed, pushing his hand away. As the car pulled up to the apartment block, I stepped out of the car, grabbing my bag from the boot and leaving his bag behind as I started to walk towards the elevator.
"You not going to take my bag, Steve?" Bucky whined, jogging with his bag to catch up with me.
"Why would I?" I asked, laughing as we waited on the elevator.
"Because you carried it earlier." He said, nudging my shoulder.
"The only reason I carried it earlier was because you left it behind." I said, stepping into the elevator and setting my bag at my feet. Bucky followed closely behind, standing beside me so that our shoulders were almost touching.
"If I was a woman, would you carry it?" He asked, looking at me curiously.
"Of course I would." I said, laughing quietly.
"So you're still as old fashioned as you used to be." He mused, chuckling softly.
"I guess so." I replied, picking my bag back up and leading the way out if the elevator, pausing to unlock the front door.

"How do you afford a place like this?" Bucky asked as he stepped into the living room, dropping his bag by the door and leaving the door wide open.
"S.H.I.E.L.D. pay a pretty good wage." I replied, shrugging slowly and sighing as I pushed Bucky's bag out of the way and closed the front door.
"It's nice." Bucky mumbled, picking up various things and setting them down carelessly.
"Bucky, quit making a mess." I sighed, following him and fixing a couple of things.
"I'm not making a mess." Bucky replied, almost dropping a vase he picked up.
"You're not making a mess?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him as he set the vase down carefully.
"Okay, maybe I'm making a bit of a mess. But come on, Steve. Aside from the weights in the corner, this looks like a woman's apartment. It's too tidy to be a man's." He exclaimed, gesturing to the tidy apartment.
"I like go keep the place tidy. And if you're going to be staying here, you better do the same." I warned, moving to pull a couple of things out of my bag and sighing quietly. The days were about to get much longer and much more frustrating with Bucky around.