Story 5 - Forever ch8

(Steve's POV)
I woke up late the next morning to the sunlight streaming through the curtains of my bedroom. I sat up slowly, stretching my arms above my head and squinting at the clock. Ten thirty in the morning. Normally I was up by seven o'clock every morning. I must've been a lot more tired than I'd thought. But then again, I had sat up half the night talking to Bucky. I pulled my shirt over my head, opening the door and stepping out into the living room. As I walked towards the kitchen, I heard a pan sizzling.
"Bucky?" I asked, stepping into the kitchen and finding him hunched over the stove, with bacon frying in a pan and a pot of coffee on.
"Mornin' Sleeping Beauty." He teased, lifting the pan off the heat and adding bacon to the already piled up plates that were sitting near the stove.
"A fry?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and laughing. "Since when can you cook?"
"I still can't. I burnt three rounds of toast." He said, smiling sheepishly and pointing towards the burnt slices of bread sitting by the toaster. I laughed, shaking my head and going to throw the burnt toast in the bin.
"You're still useless." I laughed, leaning against the counter near the stove.
"I'm not completely useless, I made a fry alright." He gasped, forcing the plate into my hand.
"Thanks, Buck." I said, taking the plate from him, sitting down at the table and starting to eat happily.
"No problem, sweetie." Bucky said, sitting opposite me and winking at me.
"What?" I asked, giving him a very confused look.
"I got up early to make you breakfast. I've only been here about a day and we're already acting like a married couple." Bucky teased, winking at me again. I laughed quietly, shaking my head and raising an eyebrow at him.
"Really? Your description of us is a married couple?" I laughed, playing with my fork.

"Awh, baby, aren't we married?" Bucky teased, reaching for my hand across the table. I let him put his hand over mine, glancing at them and blushing slightly, my heart rate increasing slightly.
"You're such a jerk." I laughed, pulling my hand from under his.
"But Stevie!" He whined, reaching for my hand again.
"No, Bucky, quit it." I laughed, pushing my chair back further.
"Stevie, get back here! I love you!" He whined again, coming over to my side of the table and wrapping his arms around me tightly.
"Get off me!" I laughed, trying to push him off me. I honestly wished he wasn't just messing around right now. I honestly wished that he did love me. Well, loved me more than a friend.
"But Stevie, you're my teddy bear!" He said, pouting at me.
"Get off." I laughed, acting as if I didn't care.
"Fine, fine." He said, backing off and laughing loudly.
"You're a pain." I laughed, moving the plates to the sink, starting to watch them.
"Want a hand?" Bucky asked, a slight smirk still playing on his lips.
"It's fine. You shouldn't have let me sleep so late this morning, though. I'm usually up at seven." I said, starting to wash the plates.
"I'll get you up early tomorrow if you want." He stated, leaning against the counter beside me.
"If I'm not up, yes please." I replied, grabbing a towel to start drying the plates.
"Alright. And if I'm not up, wake me up." He said, smirking slowly. "Just be nicer than I'm gonna be."
"Don't you dare start screaming at me like you used to." I warned, sighing quietly as I put the plates away.
"Okay, that was when I was younger and more immature." He said, holding his hands up in defence.
"Younger, yes. But you're no less immature now." I teased, nudging him on my way passed, going back to the living room.
"True, true." He laughed, following behind me. I had a feeling things were about to get interesting.