Story 5 - Forever ch11

(Steve's POV)
"On your left." I muttered, running past Sam as fast as I could. I heard Bucky snort out a laugh, moving slightly further away from me. I gave him a confused look but he just winked at me in return. We were about to pass Sam again and I saw a smirk light up Bucky's face.
"Don't you say it. Don't you say it." Sam muttered, speeding up slightly.
"On your left." I said, speeding past him again.
"On your right." I heard Bucky say at the same time as me, glancing over at me with a smirk on his face. I laughed when I heard Sam groan, glancing over at Bucky again. He smiled, looking awfully like his old self. Except for the fact that he had long hair, which was tied back in a ponytail and tucked under a peaked cap, and, of course, the stubble. But his eyes were the same. Crystal blue and clear, something I could never forget. Even after I thought he was dead, his eyes still remained burned in my mind.
"Yo, earth to Stevie. You even listening to me, punk?" Bucky's voice cut through my internal thoughts.
"Wha-? Yeah, sorry, kind of zoned out." I mumbled, feeling my face turn red.
"I asked if I had something on my face, because you were staring." He said, barking out a laugh as we passed Sam again.
"Sorry." I muttered, feeling my blush darken again. Living with him was damn near impossible without my mind wandering.
"Can we get a take-out for dinner tonight rather than all your healthy eating rubbish?" He asked, flashing me a smile. I sighed, rolling my eyes and laughing.
"Yeah, fine, whatever." I replied, increasing my pace slightly.
"What? Really? What happened to the stubborn punk from Brooklyn?" Bucky teased, nudging my shoulder gently.
"I guess he got lost somewhere between there and now." I replied, laughing despite my internal turmoil.
"I don't think he did, I think the only reason you gave in to me is 'cause you love me." Bucky teased, reaching for my hand. I swatted his hand away, laughing softly.
"Your romantic antics are slowing you down." Sam teased as he jogged up behind us.
"Well, we are a couple of laps ahead of you." Bucky shot back, laughing.
"I am against two super-soldiers. The odds are kind of stacked in your favour." Sam replied, giving Bucky an exasperated look. I laughed softly, glancing between the two of them.
"Don't worry, you're cool too." Bucky said, clapping Sam on the shoulder as we finished our run. Sam sighed, sitting down on the ground, trying to get his breath back.

"I call dibs on first shower!" Bucky yelled as soon as he stepped into the apartment after we'd finished talking to Sam. I shook my head, sighing quietly as he ran straight towards the bathroom.
"It's my apartment, you know." I yelled after him, pinching the bridge of my nose. He could be such a child at times. As he took his shower, I decided to tidy the apartment, at least a little bit. Knowing Bucky, it would be a mess within about half an hour. I still couldn't understand, after all these years, how one person could make such a mess, seemingly without even moving from the one spot. I glanced behind me when I heard the bathroom door open, immediately regretting my decision. Bucky was standing in the doorway of the bathroom, wearing only a towel wrapped around his waist. I swallowed thickly, trying desperately not to let my eyes wander from his face.
"You finished?" I asked, trying to keep my voice even. Bucky had always been unfairly attractive, but after what HYDRA had done to him, he was way more muscular than before.
"Yeah, I'm finished." He said before raising an eyebrow at me suggestively and teasing. "Unless you wanted to join me."
"Go get dressed, I'm going for my shower now." I muttered, tearing my eyes away from him as I went to grab some clothes from my room. I closed the bathroom door behind me, leaning back against it and tipping my head back, sighing heavily. 'Damn that unfairly attractive man' I thought as I stepped into the shower.

(Bucky's POV)
I sighed quietly, getting dressed into loose sweatpants and a t-shirt, deciding to go and entertain myself by watching some TV. It was absolutely fascinating to me how much technology had progressed and the amount of things that were now allowed to be shown on television. Just like Steve had done, I glanced around when the bathroom door opened, only to find a shirtless Steve standing in the doorway.
"I forgot my shirt." He muttered, blushing and making a beeline for his bedroom. I stared after him, unable to get my focus back. Sure, I'd seen glimpses of him shirtless, even naked, back during the war, I mean, who hadn't. But not up close and personal. A couple of meters from me, I could see just how perfect every muscle in his body was. True, I'd fallen for the 95lb asthmatic, but the change the serum had brought about in him was phenomenal. 'Well, I'm not getting that image out of my head any time soon.' I thought to myself, just about managing to turn my gaze back to the television before Steve joined me on the sofa.