Story 5 - Forever ch9

(Steve's POV)
"Do you want something for lunch?" I asked, glancing up from the book I was reading.
"Depends on what you're makin', punk." Bucky asked, not looking away from the TV.
"Salad, if I have the stuff I need." I replied, starting towards the kitchen.
"Can I have it in a sandwich?" Bucky asked, looking at me wide-eyed.
"Really?" I sighed, leaning against the door frame.
"Yup!" He replied, giving me innocent, puppy-dog eyes. Well, as innocent as Bucky could be.
"Fine." I sighed, going out to the kitchen and starting to make a salad, putting Bucky's in a sandwich before returning to the living room.
"Thank you, baby." Bucky said, taking the plate and winking yet again. I sighed, deciding that I was never going to get him to stop, so I may as well join him.
"No problem at all, sweetie." I replied, blushing slightly as I sat down in the armchair.
"Oh, damn, Stevie, since when are you such a flirt?" Bucky asked, fanning his face with his hand. I blushed harder, staring to eat. "Your blush is adorable."
"Sure." I muttered, staring at my salad. Bucky used to always flirt with me, and I guess, in the back of my mind, I kind of wished he meant it.

(Bucky's POV)
Flirting. Something I'd always been good at. Well, not always, but for a good portion of my life I'd been good at flirting. Or so I thought. Every time I tried to flirt with Steve, he'd blush and think I was just messing around. True, most of my flirting seemed like I was just teasing him, but I meant a lot of it. I wished I could seriously call him nicknames, just to watch his adorable blush. I guess I'd always kind of had a crush on Steve, not that I'd ever admit it. Even when we were teenagers, some part of me always liked Steve. Even before the super soldier serum I'd found him attractive. Not just physically, but his personality. For someone so tiny, he was one of the most stubborn people I'd ever met. It had almost gotten him killed a couple of times, but I guess a little risk isn't that bad. I subtly looked him over from my seat, smiling slightly at the very happy look that had settled on his features since he'd started eating. Something the two of us definitely had in common was our love for food. He looked up, catching my eye and smiling. I smiled back, sighing in relief that he hadn't noticed me staring at him. Admittedly, it was kind of hard to keep my eyes off him now that I'd started thinking about how attractive he was to me. It wasn't going to be easy for me to keep living with him if I was going to spend my entire time staring at him.