Story 5 - Forever ch10

(Steve's POV)
"Night, Buck." I yawned, starting towards my bedroom as Bucky headed towards his.
"Goodnight, Stevie." Bucky replied, shutting the door behind him. I climbed into bed after getting ready, curling up under the sheets. Spending time with Bucky was a lot more tiring than I'd remembered. It probably has something to do with the constant flirting. It was kind of exhausting trying not to admit how I felt about him. These thoughts continued to drift through my head, even as I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to a disturbance in my bedroom. I stirred slightly, rolling onto my back. As I was about to open my eyes, I felt a large weight on my stomach. My eyes snapped open, just as Bucky started to bounce up and down.
"Stevie, Stevie, wake up!" He sang. I grunted, too shocked to move. Bucky was sitting on my stomach, knees on either side of me and his hands resting on my chest.
"Bucky, get off." I groaned, shoving him off me and onto the other side of my bed.
"But Stevie, you're my teddy bear." He replied, a childish tone in his voice as he wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my chest. I couldn't help but notice how natural it all felt.
"Seriously, Bucky, out." I muttered, trying to push his arms off me. I only succeeded in causing his arms to tighten around me.
"Nuh... M'not movin'." He muttered, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I sighed, deciding to just leave him to get bored. That was, until I felt the fingers of his metal hand starting to trace the edges of my muscles.
"Bucky, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to ignore his hand.
"Appreciating my boyfriend's muscles, what does it look like?" He muttered, glancing up at me.

"Right, get out, now." I sighed, moving out of the bed suddenly, causing him to lose his grip on me. I grabbed a shirt, tugging it over my head before grabbing Bucky's arm and pulling him with me.
"Oh, wow, Stevie. I never took you to be the dominant kind." He laughed, mockingly fanning his face with his hand. I shoved him towards the sofa, sighing quietly.
"Stay there, I'm going to make breakfast." I groaned, starting towards the kitchen.
"Can we have pancakes?" He asked, coming up behind me as I was walking.
"No, we're having porridge." I muttered, pulling the porridge out of the cupboard.
"Can I have pancakes?" He asked, sitting up on the counter beside me.
"If you're making them, then you can have them." I replied, starting to make porridge for myself.
"No, I can't cook, remember." He laughed, starting to rummage around my kitchen.
"Yeah, I remember." I said, laughing quietly as I finished making my own porridge and making some for Bucky as well. "Are you looking for anything in particular, or are you just being nosey?" I asked, glancing over my shoulder at him.
"Just being nosey." He mumbled, still rummaging through one of my cupboards.
"I should have guessed." I laughed, finishing making the porridge and handing a bowl to Bucky when he'd finished his rummaging.
"Thanks, baby." He said, winking and taking the bowl off me and going back to the living room.
"You're a nightmare." I muttered, sitting on the armchair and bringing my feet up under myself.
"I'm aware." He mumbled through a mouthful of porridge, flashing me a grin.
"Jerk." I laughed, not really meaning it.
"Punk." He replied, finishing up his porridge and grabbing my empty bowl as he went towards the kitchen, laughing quietly to himself. I sighed softly, leaning back in my seat.
"I usually go for a jog with Sam today, if you want to join us." I called to him, glancing at my phone.
"I don't know if that's a good idea. People still don't trust me." He replied. I heard a slight hint of sadness in his voice.
"Wear something with a hood and tie your hair back. No one will be able to see your face, and probably no one will recognise you." I replied. I didn't want him to spend the rest of his life indoors, terrified of other people's fear. I would have to have to help him become part of society again.