Story 5 - Forever ch15

(Steve's POV)
I could hear Bucky humming "Jingle Bells" to himself in the living room. We'd been dating for three months now and this was our first Christmas together since the forties. I felt Bucky's arms wrap around my waist from behind.
"Whatcha baking, Stevie?" He asked, nuzzling my jaw gently.
"Gingerbread." I replied, smiling happily to myself.
"Oh, yummy." He replied, reaching out to steal some of the batter.
"No. Not until their baked." I warned, pushing his hand away from the bowl.
"But it's almost Christmas, Steve..." Bucky whined, hugging me tighter.
"No. You can have one when they're baked." I replied, laughing quietly.
"Can you ice it like us?" He asked childishly, nuzzling me again.
"Sure, if it'll get you to leave me alone." I replied, cutting the dough with a Gingerbread man cutter and setting them on the tray. I laughed as Bucky immediately ran off back to the living room, playing whatever movie he'd been watching again. He could be such a child sometimes, it was funny.

*A few hours later.*

"Steve, these are amazing." Bucky mumbled through a mouthful of gingerbread. I sighed quietly, shaking my head.
"Bucky, swallow before you speak." I scolded, resting my head against my boyfriend's shoulder. "Home Alone" was playing on the television and Bucky's arms were wrapped securely around me. I sighed happily, reaching up to play with his hair gently, giving him a very confused look when I heard a soft yelp coming from the spare room.
"Bucky?" I asked, getting up and starting towards the spare room.
"Damn it." He muttered, following behind me and standing with his back to the door, stopping me from entering.
"What was that noise?" I asked, trying to move him out of my way.
"Your Christmas present." He grinned, pushing the door open slowly. I looked down when I felt movement at my feet, only to see a tiny golden retriever puppy pawing at my ankles. They had a tiny red present bow stuck by one of their ears.
"Bucky, did you get me a puppy for Christmas?" I asked, bending down and picking the tiny puppy up.
"Yup! She's adorable, isn't she?" Bucky said, a wide grin plastered on his face as he reached out to scratch her ears gently.
"She? Have you named her yet?" I asked, petting her gently.
"I left that to you..." He said, kissing me softly. I hummed quietly, kissing him back gently.
"Thank you..." I mumbled, looking at the puppy happily. "How about Lola?" I asked, laughing as Lola immediately started barking happily at me.
"I think she likes it." Bucky laughed, kissing the top of Lola's head gently.
"I think she does." I replied, smiling widely at Bucky as I cuddled Lola to my chest. I already knew this was going to be an amazing Christmas, and it wasn't even Christmas Eve.