4x03 - In The Beginning

Motel Room – Night

Dean is dreaming. Flashes of his terrified face, in red, and the sound of screams. He wakes to find Castiel sitting on his bed.

"hello, Dean. What were you dreaming about?" Castiel asks.

"What, so you get your freak on by watching other people sleep? What do you want?" Dean asks rudely.

"Listen to me. You have stop it" Castiel answers cryptic.

"Stop what?" Castiel puts two fingers to Dean's forehead.

Street – Day

Dean is sleeping on a bench.

"Move it buddy, you can't sleep here." A police officer says to Dean.

"Okay... sleep...where?" Dean asks still a little out of it.

"Anywhere but here" The police officer answers him. Dean tries to make a call on his cell, but gets no signal.

"Perfect" Dean gets up and enters 'Jay Bird's Diner'

**********

Later Street – Day

After Dean found out that he had been sent back in time to April 30, 1973 and met his dad he followed John Winchester. As he turns a corner, he bumps into Castiel.

"What is this?" Dean asks her.

"What does it look like?" Castiel answers.

"is it real?" Dean asks a little baffled.

"Very"

"okay, so what? Angels got their hands on some Deloreans? How did I get here?" Dean asks confused.

"time is fluid, Dean. It's not easy, but we can bend it on occasion" Castiel explains.

"Well bend it back or tell me what the hell I'm doing here!" Dean asks frustrated.

"I told you, you have to stop it" Castiel gave no further answer.

"Stop what? Huh? What, is there something nasty after my dad?" Dean turns as a car horn sounds. When he turns back, Castiel is gone.

"Oh, come on! What, are you allergic to straight answers, you son of a bitch?!"

**********

Road – Night

Dean is driving. Castiel appears next to him. Dean inhales sharply.

"So what? God's my co-pilot, is that it?" Castiel looks at him, an Dean glances over again. "Well, you're a regular chatty Cathy. Tell me something. Sam would have wanted in on this, why not bring him back?"

"You had to do this alone, Dean" Castiel finally speaks.

"And you don't care that he's tearing up the future looking for me right now?" Dean asks confident that his little brother was searching for him.

"Sam's not looking for you" She says to him.

"Alright if I do this, then the family curse breaks, right? Mom and dad live happily ever after, and – and, Sam and I grow up playing little league and chasing tail?"

"You realize, if you do alter the future, your father, you, Sam – you'll never become hunters. And all those people you saved, they'll die."

"I realize"

"And you don't care?" Castiel asks confused, looking at Dean with an intense look.

"oh, I care. I care a lot, but these are my parents. I'm not gonna let them die again. I can't. no, not if I can stop it." Dean says determined. Dean looks over to the passenger seat, but Castiel is gone.

**********

Impala – Night

Dean drives up and sees the yellow eyed demon kissing Mary. He gets out of the car "No!" Dean rushes forward with the Colt drawn. Before he can shoot, black smoke flows from the yellow eyed demon's mouth. John comes back to life. "Mary?" "John."

Castiel appears beside Dean and places a hand on his shoulder. When Mary looks up from John, Dean is gone. Samuel lies dead on the ground.

Motel – Night

Dean is asleep in bed. He gasps and wakes up. Castiel is standing near the foot of the bed. Dean sits up.

"I couldn't stop any of it. She still made the deal. She still died in the nursery, didn't she?" Dean asks.

"Don't be too hard on yourself. You couldn't have stopped it" Castiel says.

"What?" Dean stands up.

"Destiny can't be changed, Dean. All roads lead to the same destination." She explains.

"The why'd you send me back?" Dean asks confused.

"for the truth. Now you know everything we do"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asks annoyed.

Castiel looks at the other bed, which hasn't been slept in, and Dean follows her gaze. "Where's Sam?" Dean asks.

"425 Waterman" Castiel says easily. Dean grabs his keys and his jacket and heads to the door, but stops when Castiel opens her mouth. "Tour brother is headed down a dangerous road, Dean, and we're not sure where it leads. So stop it. Or we will" She warns him.