5x03 - Free to be you and me

Motel Room – Night

Dean dampens a washcloth in the motel room sink and starts to clean his jacket. Castiel appears behind him. Dean sees her in the mirror and startles "God" Dean thumps the sink "Don't do that"

"Hello, Dean" Dean turns around, Castiel is inches from him. "Cas, we've talked about this. Personal space?"

"My apologies" Castiel steps back. Dean grabs his jacket and walks toward the bed. "How did you find me? I thought I was flying below the angel radar" Dean rubs his ribs to illustrate the point.

"you are. Bobby told me where you were" Castiel looks around the motel room, which has no sign of Sam's presence, not even a second bed. "Where's Sam?"

Dean puts his jacket on without looking at Castiel. "Me and Sam are taking separate vacations for a while. So. You find god yet? More importantly, can I have my damn necklace back, please?"

"No, I haven't found him. That's why I'm here. I need your help" Castiel tells him.

"With what? God hunt? Not interested"

"It's not god. It's someone else" Cas tells him.

"Who?"

"Archangel. The one who killed me"

"'Scuse me?"

"His name is Raphael"

"You were wasted by a teenage mutant ninja angel?" Dean jokes.

"I've heard whispers that he's walking the earth. This is a rare opportunity."

"for what? Revenge?"

"Information" Dean goes back over to the sink, picks up his knife and a washcloth, and starts to clean the knife. "So, what, you think you can find this dude and he's just gonna spill God's address?"

"Yes, because we are gonna trap him and interrogate him" Dean pauses and turns back to her "You're serious about this" Castiel turns around to face Dean. Dean drops the washcloth and walks back toward Castiel.

"So, what, I'm Thelma and you're Louise and we're just going to hold hands and sail off this cliff together?" Castiel stares at Dean, confused. Dean goes around her. "Give me one good reason why I should do this"

"Because you're Michael's vessel and no angel will dare harm you" Dean looks at Castiel "Oh, so I'm your bullet shield"

"I need your help because you are the only one who'll help me. Please" Castiel pleads.

Dean considers. "All right, fine. Where is he?"

"Maine. Let's go" Castiel reaches to touch Dean's forehead with two fingers. Dean leans away "Whoa" Castiel removes her hand "What?"

"Last time you zapped me someplace I didn't poop for a week. We're driving"

**********

Street – Day

Dean and Castiel get out of the impala. "And we're here why?" Dean asks.

"A deputy sheriff laid eyes on the archangel" Castiel answered him.

"And he still has eyes? All right, what's the plan?"

"We'll... tell the officer that he witnessed an angel of the lord, and the officer will tell us where the angel is"

"Seriously? You're going to walk in there and tell him the truth?"

"Why not?"

"Because we're humans" Dean pulls out another fake ID and stashes it inside Castiel's coat, then adjusts her coat and tie. "And when humans want something really, really bad, we lie"