4x22 - Lucifer's Rising

Angelic Green Room

Dean finds himself in a large, lavishly appointed room. The walls are painted white with gold trim and accents, and a marble table stands in the center. Castiel is there. "Hello, Dean. It's almost time"

**********

Dean pokes around the room, looking at the magnificent pastoral paintings on the walls. He turns back to the table and finds that it now holds beer bottles, and a large platter of hamburgers. He picks up a beer bottle and looks at it.

"Hello, Dean. You're looking fit" Zachariah appears.

Dean replaces the beer bottle "Well, how about this? The suit life of Zach and Cas" Dean laughs, but the two angels holds blank looks "it's a... never mind. So, what is this? Where the hell am I?"

"call it a green room. We're closing in on the grand finale, here. We want to keep you safe before showtime" Zachariah tells him before indicating the food on the table "try a burger. They're your favorite. From that seaside shack in Delaware. You were 11, I think"

"I'm not hungry"

"No? how about Ginger from season 2 of 'Gilligan's island'? You do have thing for her, don't you?"

"Tempting. Weird"

"We'll throw in Mary Ann for free"

"No, no. Let's... bail on the holodeck, okay? I want to know what the game plan is" Dean tells them.

"Let us worry about that. We want you... focused, relaxed"

"Well, I'm about to be pissed and leaving, so start talking, chuckles"

"All the seals have fallen. Except one" Zachariah sighs.

"That's an impressive score. That's... that's right up there with the Washington Generals"

"You think sarcasm's appropriate, do you? Considering... you started all this? But the final seal...it'll be different"

"Why?"

"Lilith has to break it. She's the only one who can. Tomorrow night – midnight"

"Where?"

"We're working on it"

"Well, work harder"

"we'll do our job. You just make sure you do yours"

"Yeah, and what is that, exactly? If I'm supposed to be the one that stops her, how? With the knife?"

"All in good time"

"Isn't now a good time?" Dean asks.

"Have faith"

"What, in you? Give me one good reason why I should"

"Because you swore your obedience. So obey" Zachariah gets in Dean's face. Dean looks past him at Castiel, who looks down guiltily.

**********

Dean is frustrated. He pokes at one of the numerous figurines of an angel on one of the many mantlepieces and tips it deliberately to the ground. It shatters with a crash just as Castiel appears behind him. He turns around, looking slightly guilty. "You asked to see me?"

"Yeah, listen, I, uh, I – I need something" Dean clears his throat.

"Anything you wish"

"I need you to take me to see Sam"

"Why?"

"There's something I got to talk to him about"

"What's that?" Castiel keeps pushing.