5x01 - Sympathy for the devil

Chapel – Night

"Come on!" Dean shouts. Sam finally lets Dean pull him away from the sigil. They run, and the door slam shut. They rattle the doors. Light bursts through cracks in the door. A high-pitched noise, is heard through the room. Sam turns to look at Dean, and both look back at the light. They squeeze their eyes shut, Sam holding up a hand to block the light, and cover their ears. They fall to their knees.

The light reaches the very edges of the sigil, then whites out.

**********

Plane – Night

A cartoon red devil leans over a large open book. "What the devil is your name?"

"Sa-Sa-Sa-Sa-Yo-Yosemite Sam"

"Yosemite Sam?" The devil flips through the book. The view shifts, Dean and Sam are sitting on a plane, contorted exactly as they were a moment ago in the chapel. They look around, astounded. No one around them seems to have noticed anything.

"What the hell?" Dean mutters.

"I don't know"

"Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore—" The pilot tells them over intercom.

"Ilchester? Weren't we just there?" Dean asks.

"So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to—" The ordinary bird's-eye view of Maryland at night is interrupted by a column of light shooting into the sky. "Holy crap!"

The shock wave knocks the plane off kilter. People are thrown around the plane, screaming. Oxygen masks drop down. Sam and Dean put theirs on as the white light outside grows blinding. The high-pitched noise is back. Dean looks out the window, terrified.

**********

Car – Night

The radio shuts off. Sam sighs. Silence, "Dean, look—"

"Don't say anything" there is a pause before Dean continues "It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?"

"Yeah, okay" Sam hesitates.

"All right, well, first things first – How did we end up on Soul Plane?"

"Angels, maybe? I mean, you know, beaming us out of harm's way?" Sam guess.

"Well, whatever. It's the least of our worries. We need to find Cas"

**********

Chuck's House – Day

Sam and Dean walk through the devastated house. A noise is heard, and they both turn. Nothing is there. They keep looking around. Suddenly, Chuck jumps out and hits Sam on the head with a toilet plunger. Sam stumbles back, hand to his head.

"Geez! Ow!"

"Sam" Chuck realizes.

"yeah!"

"hey, Chuck" Dean greets.

"So... you're okay?"

"Well, my head hurts"

"no, I mean – I mean, my – my last vision" Chuck explains "You went, like, full-on Vader. Your body temperature was one-fifty. Your heart rate was 200. Your eyes were black."

"your eyes went black?" Dean asks Sam.

"I didn't know" Sam looks back over his shoulder.

"Where's Cas?" Dean asks.