5x04 - The End

Hotel Room / Road – Night

Dean and Castiel are on the phone "We're talking about the Colt, right? I mean, as in the Colt?"

"We are" Castiel clarifies.

"Well, that doesn't make any sense. I mean, why would the demons keep a gun around that, uh, kills demons?" Dean asks.

A car goes by Castiel "What? What? Did – I didn't – I didn't get that"

Dean laughs "You know, it's kind of funny. Talking to a messenger of god on a cellphone. It's, you know, like watching a hell's angel ride a moped"

"This isn't funny, Dean. The voice says I'm almost out of minutes"

"okay, all right. I'm – I'm telling you, Cas, the mooks have melted down the gun by now"

"Well, I hear differently. And if it's true and if you are still set on the insane task of killing the devil, this is how we do it" Castiel tells him.

"Okay. Where do we start?"

"Where are you now?" Castiel asks him.

"Kansas City" Dean leans across the bed to grab his room key off the bedside table "Century Hotel, room 113"

"I'll be there immediately"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, come on. I just drove like sixteen hours straight, okay? I'm human. And there's stuff I got to do"

"What stuff?"

"Eat, for example. In this case, sleep. I just need like four hours once in a while, okay?"

"Yes"

"Okay, so, you can pop in tomorrow morning"

"Yes. I'll just—" Dean hangs up. Castiel hears a dial tone "Wait here, then" She stands at the side of the road.

**********

Hotel Room – Day

The nightstand clock is smashed, when Dean answered his phone it was fine. Dean is lying on the springs of the hotel bed; the mattress is gone. Dean gets up and looks around, the entire room is trashed. He looks out the window, so is the city.

**********

Camp Chitaqua – Night

Dean approaches the sign from the photo. Men with guns are just inside the fence, patrolling. Dean is careful to stay out of sight. He catches sight of the impala, smashed up and rusted to hell "Oh, baby, no" Dean approaches the impala for a better look at the damage, peering inside the driver's side door.

"Oh, no, baby, what did they do to you?" Dean hears something and has barely turned to look when he is knocked out by another Dean, this one 2014!Dean identified by the military-issue green jacket he is wearing instead of Dean's blue shirt.

**********

Dean's Cabin – Day

Dean wakes up and discovers he is handcuffed to a ladder. 2014!Dean is across the room cleaning a gun. "What the hell?"

"I should be asking that question, don't you think? In fact, why don't you give me one good reason why I shouldn't gank you right here and now?"

"Because you'd only be hurting yourself"

"Very funny"

"look, man – I'm no shapeshifter or demon or anything, okay?"

"Yeah, I know. I did the drill while you were out. Silver, salt, holy water – nothing. But you know what was funny? Was that you had every hidden lockpick, box cutter, and switchblade that I carry. Now, you want to explain that? Oh, and the, uh, resemblance, while you're at it?"