5x22 - Swan Song

Building – Day

Bodies hang upside down over a devil's trap. Sam wipes blood off a large knife. Castiel puts the lid on a jug of blood. Dean stands nearby.

Sam, Dean and Castiel exit the building. Sam and Castiel carry gallon jugs of blood and put them in the trunk of the impala. Dean walks over to Bobby.

"I still can't get used to you at eye level" Dean comments.

"So, was I right?" Bobby asks.

"as always, Yoda. Two stunt demons inside, just like you said" Dean tells him.

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah, all the go juice Sammy can drink"

"You okay?" Bobby asks.

"Not really. What do you got?"

"Not much. These look like omens to you?" He hands Dean a newspaper "Cyclone in Florida, temperature drop in Detroit, wildfires in L.A."

"Wait. What about Detroit?" Dean asks.

"Temp's dropped about 20 degrees, but only in a five-block radius of downtown Motown"

"That's the one. Devil's in Detroit" Dean says.

"Really? As far as foreboding goes, it's a little light in the loafers. You sure?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure"

**********

Chicago, Illinois

Bobby walks over to Sam, Dean and Castiel. "Demons. At least two dozen of them. You were right – something's up"

"More than something. He's here. I know it" Dean says. He walks to the trunk of the impala. Sam looks at Bobby.

"I'll see ya around, kid"

"See ya around." Sam and Bobby hug.

"He gets in...you fight him tooth and nail, you understand? Keep swinging. Don't give an inch"

"Yes, sir"

Sam holds out his hand to Castiel "Take care of these guys, okay?"

"That's not possible"

"Then humor me"

"oh. I was supposed to lie. Uh...sure. They'll be fine" Castiel stutters.

"Just – just stop... talking" Sam walks to the trunk of the impala, where the open jugs of demon blood sit. "You mind not watching this?" Dean walks away. Sam picks up a jug.

**********

Sam clears his throat and closes the trunk. Dean is leaning on the side of the car. Sam takes a deep breath. "Okay. Let's go" Sam walks past Dean and after a moment Dean follows him. Bobby and Castiel watch them go.

**********

Sam raises his arms as he approaches the building with the demons. "All right! We're here, you sons of bitches! Come and get it!"

Two demons come outside.

"Hey, guys. Is your father home?" Dean asks.

**********

The demons manhandle Sam and Dean inside.

"Hey, guys. So nice of you to drop in" Lucifer greets them.

**********

Building – Night

Bobby and Castiel watch as the window of the building blaze with light, then dim.