5x06 - I Believe The Children Are Our Future

Motel – Night

Sam and Dean enter the motel room. They both look up, Castiel is waiting for them. "I take it you got our message" Sam sits at the table. Dean closes the door.

"It's lucky you found the boy" Castiel tells them.

"Oh, yeah, real lucky. What do we do with him?" Dean asks.

"Kill him" Sam pauses in the middle of loosening his tie. He and Dean stare at Castiel. Castiel stares back.

"Cas"

"This child is half demon and half human, but it's far more powerful than either. Other cultures call this hybrid cambion or katako. You know him as the antichrist" Castiel sits at the table and there are fart noises. The noise continue as Castiel shifts position. Dean watches, raising his eyebrows.

"That wasn't me" Castiel pulls out a whoopee cushion, presumably the one Dean bought earlier.

"Who put that there?" Dean asks.

"Anyway, I don't get it. Jesse is the devil's son?" Sam asks.

Castiel sighs "No, of course not. Your bible gets more wrong than it does right. The antichrist is not Lucifer's child. It's just demon spawn. But it is one of the devil's greatest weapons in the war against heaven"

"Well, if Jesse's a demonic howitzer, then what the hell is he doing in Nebraska?"

"The demons lost him. They can't find him. But they're looking"

"And they lost him because?"

"Because of the child's power. It hides him from both angels and demons. For now" Castiel explains.

"So he's got, like, a force field around him. Well, that's great. Problem solved" Dean says.

"With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong. Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life – something that will draw the demons to him. The demons will find this child. Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the host of heaven"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. You're saying that – that Jesse's gonna nuke the angels?"

"We cannot allow that to happen"

"Wait" Sam stands up "We're the good guys. We – we don't just – kill children"

"A year ago, you would have done whatever it took to win this war" Castiel reminds him.

"Things change" Sam says. Dean steps forward, putting a hand on Sam's arm and putts himself between Sam and Castiel.

"Okay. Hey, look, we are not going to kill him. All right? But we can't leave Jesse here either. We know that. So... we take him to Bobby's. He'll know what to do" Dean tells them.

"You'll kidnap him? What is going on in this town, it's what happens when this thing is happy. You cannot imagine what it will do if it's angry. Besides, how will you hold him? With a thought, he could be halfway around the world"

"So we—"

"So we tell him the truth. You say Jesse's destined to go dark side – fine. But he hasn't yet. So if we lay it all out for him – what he is, the apocalypse, everything – he might make the right choice" Sam interrupts Dean.

"You didn't. and I can't take that chance" Castiel tells him. Sam glares at her, before she vanishes. Sam sighs "Damn it"

**********

Living Room – Night

Jesse gets a cup of water from a five-gallon jug. Castiel appears. Jesse backs away, dropping the glass, which smashes.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you" Castiel advances, Ruby's knife held behind her back. Jesse continues to back away.

"Mom! Dad!"

"Your mother and father are sleeping. I assure you, they won't wake until morning" Jesse breathes hard "I'm sorry" Castiel raises the knife.

Dean and Sam kick in the front door. Jesse stares at them.

"Was there a girl here? In a trench coat?" Dean asks Jesse. Jesse points at the floor, there is an action figure wearing Castiel's suit and trench coat and holding a silver knife. Dean kneels to pick her up and looks at Sam, then jesse.

**********

Jesse looks at Julia, slumped in the chair "Is she gonna be all right?"

Dean looks at Julia "Eventually" Dean leans down and picks up the Castiel action figure, which fell down at some point. "Look, uh, truth is, she's kind of a buddy of mine. Is there any way you could turn her back?"

"She tried to kill me" Jesse reminds him.

"Right. Uh. But she's a – she's a good girl. She was just confused" Jesse says nothing "Okay. It's been a long night. We'll... talk about it later" Dean puts Castiel back on the mantel.

**********

Sam examines the Castiel action figure and puts her back on the mantel without any of the care Dean showed.

"he's been up there a long time" Dean comments.

**********

Sam and Dean enter Jesse's bedroom. It's empty. "He's gone" Sam and Dean turn and sees Castiel behind them.

"Where?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Jesse put everyone in town back to normal – the ones still alive. Then he vanished"

Sam notices a note on Jesse's bed and picks it up "Hey"

"What does it say?" Dean asks.

"That he had to leave to keep his parents safe, that he loves them and he's sorry"

"How do we find him?"

"With the boy's powers, we can't. not unless he wants to be found" Castiel tells them.