5x16 - Dark Side Of The Moon

Motel Room – Night

There are lots of empty beer cans. Dean's lying on his stomach, hand under his pillow searching.

"Looking for this?" Roy pops the cartridge out of a handgun and tosses it aside. Dean turns over, looks at Sam who also has a gun pointed at him.

"Morning" Dean greets sarcastically.

"Shut up. Hands where I can see 'im"

Dean lifts his hands then lifts himself up "Wait a minute. Is that you, Roy? It is, isn't it. Which makes you Walk. Hiya Walt"

Roy and Walt look at each other. Walt removes his mask. "Don't matter" Roy lifts his mask off his face.

"Well, is it just me, or do you two seem a tad upset?" Dean asks.

"You think you can flip the switch on the apocalypse and just walk away, Sam?"

"Who told you that?" Sam asks.

"We ain't the only hunters after you" Walt pumps his shotgun "See you in the next life"

"Hear me out. I can explain, okay? Please" Sam begs. After a pause, Walt shoots Sam. Dean jumps to go to Sam.

Roy shifts to follow Dean's movement "Stay the hell down"

"Shoot him" Walt tells Roy.

"Killing Sam was right but Dean..." Roy hesitates.

"He made us and we just snuffed his brother, you idiot. You want to spend the rest of your life knowing Dean Winchester's on your ass, cause I don't. shoot him" Walt orders.

Dean, who's been looking at Sam's body, turns to face Roy. "Go ahead, Roy, do it. But I'm going warn you, when I come back I'm going to be pissed. C'mon! let's get this show on the road."

"Come on, already" Walt steps forward and shoots Dean.

**********

Impala – Night

It's night. Dean is sitting in the impala, sleeping. He is wearing his leather jacket over his normal clothes. Thunder sounds. He wakes up. He gets out of the car, shuts the door. The trunk closes. Dean turns toward the sound. Teenaged Sam is there holding a crate of fireworks.

"Sammy?"

"Come on, let's go" Sam walks off.

"Weird dream"

Sam places the fireworks on the ground and pulls out a couple "Got your lighter?"

Dean checks his pockets and pulls out an old lighter "Whoa, I haven't seen this in years"

"Fire 'em up"

Dean lights Sam's firework then his own. The go off, shooting red sparks into the sky. "I remember this! It's fourth of July 1996" Dean smiles. The fireworks die. Dean looks down at Sam. Sam looks over at Dean. He's happy.

"Dad would never let us do anything like this. Thanks, Dean. This is great" Sam hugs Dean. Dean looks startled then he hugs Sam back. Sam pulls away. The music restarts. Sam lights all the fireworks then runs away. "Fire in the hole!"

The firework starts to explode. Dean and Sam back away. Both of them laugh with joy before Sam goes out to dance under the sparks. Sam nods to Dean acknowledging the special moment. Dean nods back. There is an especially loud explosion, then another, and Dean flashes back to the hotel room and being shot by Walt. Then he's back in the field but Sam and the fireworks are gone.