Chapter 5: Making Dollar

Chapter 5 <> Making Dollar

The news of FP Jones being arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom spread throughout the town of Riverdale like a vindictive wildfire, and it was only a matter of time before CJ Jones was swept up in the whirling flame

The news of FP Jones being arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom spread throughout the town of Riverdale like a vindictive wildfire, and it was only a matter of time before CJ Jones was swept up in the whirling flame. Malachai and Verne had cleared the House of the Dead to break the news to him and he'd reacted in a way that a Jones would.

In his zone of animalistic anger, CJ had trashed the downstairs area by throwing chairs and flipping tables. Verne had been smart enough to duck out of the way of a flying armchair and had hidden in the corner for the rest of the destruction. Malachai on the other hand simply stood off to the side with a basic blunt in one hand and his phone in the other as he texted some associates of the Ghoulies about an upcoming job.

CJ stood in the middle of the chaos, breathing raggedly as he tried to calm himself down by covering his face with his clammy hands. He had a disdain for FP that could never be beaten by anyone else on the planet, and yet his father still continued to make CJ hate him more.

"FUCK!" CJ bellowed out suddenly, making Verne jump out of his skin at the sudden sound. Even though FP was the one that was locked up, CJ couldn't help but think about Jughead. He and his brother were far from close but at the end of the day he was the eldest, and as the eldest sibling he was supposed to look out for his younger family.

What would happen to Jughead now? Where would he go?

"Yo, CJ," Malachai drawled out, unfazed by CJ's hostile glare. He knew that his right hand wouldn't dare to lash out at him; if anything, Verne would end up taking a hit. "Want somethin' to get your mind off that scummy Serpent?" CJ opened his mouth to decline furiously but the words died on the tip of his tongue. Perhaps a job was a perfect distraction.

"What've you got for me?" He grumbled deeply.

"Classic JJ delivery 'cross the tracks."

"I'll pass." CJ snarled. He was certainly not in the mood to be driving around like a pizza delivery boy. "You really think I wanna do that shit now?"

"Well..." Malachai trailed off with a scheming smirk. "There's somethin' else if you're interested."

"What?"

"Big money job, too. Lotta risk though. You could get some legit heat for this."

"So?" CJ barked out, clearly blinded by his current rage. "You don't think I can do it?!"

"Just warnin' you dude." Malachai said, laughing off the fact that CJ had raised his voice at him before sticking the blunt back between his teeth. "But if it counts, I think you can handle it..."

For the few hours afterwards, CJ did as he was instructed. Hunting down people who hadn't paid up and were in debt to the Ghoulies was no easy task. Rage alone did not keep CJ going, especially when the purple bruises on his knuckles finally began to sink in and the pain in his knee (caused by some idiot that thought putting up a fight was a smart idea) began to flare up frequently. What did keep CJ going was the thought of the large paycheque he'd be receiving once the job was done.