Chapter 12: Donut Romeo

A chapter that solely focuses on CJ and Cheryl, dedicated to devoted readers and voters that are still hanging around for this story! Just a warning that I'm British and have no idea what 'Dunkin' Donuts' are like... please don't hate me for the choice if they're not great😂

Chapter 12 <> Donut Romeo

CJ Jones threw his head back in exasperation, debating whether or not to reply to Cheryl's text honestly

CJ Jones threw his head back in exasperation, debating whether or not to reply to Cheryl's text honestly. On one hand he could lie, but he'd get into even more trouble if she had some form of proof. On the other hand he could be blunt with her and admit that he was at a strip club celebrating his friend's birthday...

How did she even find out anyway?

CJ wasn't a frequent Snapchatter, and considering the fact that his location was constantly on ghost mode and he also didn't even have Cheryl as a friend on the app, it was fair to say that he hadn't been caught out by social media. Other than that, only the guys knew where he was and none of them (excluding Malachai) even knew that Cheryl was the Northsider that had him hooked like a desperate fish; it was unlikely that she'd been informed by an inside source.

Looking down at his phone, CJ noticed that she was typing again. Before she could accuse him of ignoring her, he quickly sent a short reply.

Flea👻: Hanging with the guys, you need me for something?

Cherry🍒: If you're not too busy prioritizing your mafia-esque bromances...

Flea👻: Yeah yeah joke all you want but seriously what's up?

Cherry🍒: This could totally tarnish my HBIC image if you told anyone but I've been craving dunkin donuts for hours now

Flea👻: And what exactly do you want me to do about it?

Cherry🍒: Google the word romantic and get back to me later

Flea👻: Fgs are they even still open at this time?😂

Cherry🍒: I believe the one nearby is sometimes open 24 hours😘

Flea👻: I've been drinking tonight cherry, you mind if it takes a while?

Cherry🍒: Take your time delivery man... I won't be sleeping anytime soon

Flea👻: I'll head out now, text me directions to your house in a bit pls

With that, CJ locked his phone and looked around the club. Most of the guys were occupied and he clearly wouldn't be missed. Instead of hanging around a place where he no longer felt a desire to be, CJ left the Ho Zone and began the late night trek to Riverdale's branch of Dunkin' Donuts.

It was nearly midnight by the time CJ neared Thistlehouse and the ominous woods surrounding the empty roads had done a good job of sobering him up. Not much scared the Ghoulie, but the forest at night while Fred Andrews' shooter was still on the loose wasn't exactly a comforting thought. Perhaps he just needed to man up; kids went out into the woods at night for all kinds of fun, and a shooting at Pop's hadn't stopped the discreet cruising in Fox Forest.