Chapter 23: Mean Boys

Been ill for an entire week so excuse the moody rant... It's totally fair to be inspired by the stories that people tell and the books that others post on here, but it isn't right to take someone's hours of hard work - alter it slightly - then pass it off as something new. Personally, I've poured hours into this book in hopes that at least a few of you guys will continue to enjoy and engage with it, and it isn't nice to see my ideas somewhat copied and passed off as someone else's work without at least receiving a heads up about it first. Although it's flattering, it's also borderline plagiarism and if you are going to use another author's (or my) ideas, it would be polite to message whoever beforehand in order to discuss the similarities and ask permission.

Chapter 23 <> Mean Boys

"What you are about to witness are four twisted tales connected to the tragic and macabre events that befell the town of Riverdale

Known as the 'Black Hood murders,' they were all the more tragic because those who bore witness to these terrible things were so young.
A seemingly random shooting quickly revealed itself to be the first in a series of gruesome attacks perpetrated by a hooded assailant.
These latest chapters began with the discovery of a letter from the Black Hood affixed to the door of Pop Tate's Chock'lit Shoppe."

CJ & Adam

"Hey dickhead!" CJ called out from the window of the car that was basically his for the time being. Adam - who had been walking out of a shabby convenience store with some salted chips at the time - looked up in surprise to see CJ coming to a stop right in front of him.

"Sup boss?" Adam asked, crunching down on an abnormally large chip that certainly shouldn't have been able to fit in his mouth all at once.

"This is what you do when you ain't with the guys?" CJ questioned rhetorically, leaning over the gearbox to open the door wide for his associate. "Well? Get in loser, we're goin' Ho Zone."

"So what's up?" Adam piped up, still munching on his chips as the car shot off. Thankfully any potential mess made wouldn't irritate CJ too much seeing as the car did still belong to Verne.

"Nothin' much, just heading over to the Zone to see Simone." CJ shrugged indifferently as he adjusted his grip on the wheel slightly.

"The bitch that runs the club?"

"Watch your mouth, man." CJ chuckled. "You say that to her face and she'll probably shoot a hole in your dick."

"Yeah, yeah..."

"So how's the recruitment going? Any news on the dudes you and the guys were scoutin'?"

"Uh, yeah," Adam answered through crunches. "I think there's a couple of dudes we can bring up; figured me and the guys could take them out to the Zone for the night and warm 'em up to Ghoulie life, you know."