Chapter 37: Blasphemous Bodies

Unpopular/controversial opinion: I actually like Sabrina, whoops.
Also, just a heads up that this may be my last update before Christmas, so if it is I just wanted to say happy holidays and thank you so much for joining me with Myths this year and helping me get through a terrible 10-ish months. The fact that we're a few thousand hits off of 100k continuously blows my mind, and it would mean the absolute world to me if we manage to hit such a number going into the new year(: so thank you once again and enjoy!

Chapter 37 <> Blasphemous Bodies

Not long after his night in with Cheryl, CJ found himself in the middle of yet another Northside mess

Not long after his night in with Cheryl, CJ found himself in the middle of yet another Northside mess. It all began during a quiet evening at his apartment after work at both the House of the Dead and the Ho Zone; the club had been left in the hands of Adam (who had promised to remain sober for the night) and some of the more experienced girls that had often aided the former owner. The head Ghoulie had intended to get some relaxation in before a restless, anxiety-filled night's sleep... the plan didn't last very long however, as his phone was suddenly spammed with numerous alerts all from Betty Cooper.

Fully aware of the fact that the only time Betty ever calls is for some form of a favour, CJ found himself with the incredible temptation to ignore the incoming call. In fact, he managed to ignore the first two before the irritating tone of the third attempt finally drove him to the edge. The pure form of panic that he heard that night from a long time peer added to CJ's ever increasing list of worries, and the concern for both her physical and mental well-being led him to the outskirts of Riverdale in the middle of the night alongside mother and daughter, carrying a dead body on his shoulder while Alice prepared the material in the old industrial pipe.

It was incredibly clear to both shaken women that it was not CJ's first experience with a corpse, however both neglected to comment on their observations, too full of anxiety to speak up on such a matter. Although he had many questions that night, CJ didn't ask, nor did he tell. It was obvious that Alice was doing her best to silence the experience, while Betty remained too far deep in her pit of emptiness to hold a coherent conversation. The wildcard was Chic, the person responsible for the body. But CJ didn't ask about him either; at the end of the day he'd always had a soft spot for little Betty Cooper, especially when they were kids, and would forever be there to follow through on the favours she asked of him, no matter what they were.

He wasn't sure what was going on between Betty and his brother, but the fact that she was important to Jughead also emphasised her importance in the eyes of CJ. If she was under Jughead's protection then she was under CJ's too; gangs didn't matter when it came to family that he genuinely cared for... unfortunately that hand did not extend to the one and only Serpent King: FP Jones.

Although not massively impacted by the sight of a dead body, CJ's night's rest certainly did him no favours. He outright admitted to himself that afternoon that he looked like a reincarnation of death; his stubble was out of control, his eyes had the usual purple bags underneath (but they were now even deeper than he thought possible), his hands and forearms were trembling in response to the extreme intake of coffee and energy drinks, and he could feel his heart pounding ridiculously hard against his chest as if it were about to explode. All in all, CJ Jones was feeling incredibly rough when he entered the Ho Zone, not intending on leaving it in the hands of Adam for two nights in a row.