Chapter 20: Ghoulie Boy

25/2/19 - Just fixed one or two grammatical errors that were bugging me (no changes here)

Chapter 20 <> Ghoulie Boy

The fact that Malachai had let a Serpent into the House of the Dead indicated a huge shift the in Southside tectonics

The fact that Malachai had let a Serpent into the House of the Dead indicated a huge shift the in Southside tectonics. CJ had been incredibly taken aback when the leader of the Ghoulies called him in for a chat with Tall Boy, a Serpent obviously taking advantage of his new position of power put on him due to FP's absence. During the small conversation between the three, CJ soon realised that Tall Boy was a gigantic asshole that the Ghoulies could easily manipulate for their own gain after the raid of Southside High.

"Sit down, kid." Tall Boy ordered, directing CJ's attention to Jughead as the newly crowned Serpent passed one of their few Ghoulie girls. He couldn't help but be annoyed at the fact that his younger brother had clearly gotten himself in serious with the rival gang. "Business to discuss."

"Tall Boy what the hell is this?" Jughead asked as Malachai sneakily swaggered up to him from behind, kitted out in his notorious skull robe. "Where are we?" He questioned further, this time pointing his gaze at CJ who was currently sat in the chair on the right of Tall Boy.

"You're in my house." Malachai announced, turning to chuckle at the intimidated expression on the face of Jughead. "It's the House of the Dead."

"Well I'm sorry, who the hell are you?" CJ automatically shot his brother a glare, hoping that he wouldn't say anything else to piss off a guy that was the definition of dangerous.

"Take it easy, Jughead." Tall Boy cut in. "Malachai speaks for the Ghoulies. The heat on us and our ranks depleted, our tribes need to unite and that's gonna be easier to do if you endorse this partnership on your side, and your brother does the same on his."

"Me?"

"You're FP's Serpent son." Tall Boy explained. "That carries weight, especially with our younger members, and especially since your brother CJ over here has already agreed with Malachai that he will do his part to pacify both the Ghoulie and Serpent ranks we expose him to." CJ simply nodded his head at the mention. He only agreed because of a pricey bribe; he still couldn't care less about the Serpents, and he hated the majority of them with every last piece of his gut.

"Tall Boy, they're the reason Southside was even raided." Jughead argued, gesturing towards an unfazed Malachai. "Them and their jingle jangle."

"Chaos is how we thrive." Malachai explained with a goading grin while he grabbed a nearby bottle of cheap spirits.

"You better get used to it, bro." CJ added on, speaking properly for the first time since his brother had made a surprising appearance. "You're in our world now, understand? You don't change the way we all do shit 'round here."

"Are you seriously gonna do this to dad?" Jughead questioned in agitation, directing his comment at both CJ and, more specifically, Tall Boy. "You're supposed to be his right hand."