Chapter 22: Many Frustrations

The Southside is always connected to the Northside😉please keep this in mind... I'm not just lobbing a new OC in for the sake of it. Also just a heads up I absolutely suck at writing romantic situations but I'm trying to get better... never realised how hard it was to romanticise and describe a kiss when real life experience has been GRIM🤮lmao

Chapter 22 <> Many Frustrations

"Do you remember what I told you about myself and the Southside when we first started talking?" Cheryl murmured, staring down at the handle of the gun and the metaphorical and literal implications it held

"Do you remember what I told you about myself and the Southside when we first started talking?" Cheryl murmured, staring down at the handle of the gun and the metaphorical and literal implications it held. "I don't associate with anything related to the Southside, CJ, and that statement still stands. You're the only exception - you can't expect me to make more - because at the end of the day this is your home but it certainly isn't mine."

"It was still worth a shot, right?" CJ chuckled to himself, doing his best to hide how downtrodden he was by the rejection. Even though it had been sold well it was clear that Cheryl's mind was made up, so CJ put the gun back in the crate and put the lid back on, sealing the conversation away for good. "No matter what cherry, you're still welcome here while I've got the reigns alright? Don't go ghosting the new king ghoul now..."

"I wouldn't dream of it," She gave him a small smile of reassurance before continuing as if nothing had happened. "You seriously need to redecorate this place though. I know I often refer to you as a flea but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually have them considering you spend your life cooped up in here."

"I'm an attractive flea though, right?"

"A flea is a flea." Cheryl smirked. "But I suppose you could be a little more repulsive."

"Would you give the slightly repulsive flea and kiss if it asked?" CJ smirked right back, matching her with an expression that any other person would struggle to compete with. Cheryl scoffed at the obviousness and although she was unable to maintain perfect eye contact with him at the thought, she managed to keep her guard up long enough to make CJ to approach her; the first move was something he would have to do in order to prove his worthiness, especially now that CJ Jones was basically a gang leader for the foreseeable future.

"I hope you know that you're coming across ridiculously eager." Cheryl commented as he wrapped his arms around her waist in order to tug her up against his body. Her hands instinctually discovered a comfortable position on his shoulders due to her heels being a little too high for what would have been the natural placement at the top of his chest.

"This is cute." CJ muttered sarcastically. All Cheryl wanted to do in that moment was ruin the picturesque moment by swatting the smug grin right off of his face... unfortunately, a kiss would have to do to get rid of the irritatingly tempting expression.

"You're honestly such an annoyance." Cheryl stated, planting a kiss on him before he could come out with yet another cocky comment. Although he'd been ready with a retort CJ definitely preferred the taste of maple red lipstick and the way Cheryl's hands expertly snaked round the back of his neck. He pressed back with just as much force the moment her manicured nails began scratching at the short hairs. The two continued their heated battle for control while CJ smoothly spun her around, slamming her up against the table next to them. "Careful." She murmured against his lips, taking a quick breath of air before diving back in for another quick kiss in hope that it would be an indication of how far she was willing to go in a drug den of all places.