Chapter 19: Move Carefully

Chapter 19 <> Move Carefully

Nothing was out of the ordinary in the story of Nick St

Nothing was out of the ordinary in the story of Nick St. Clair's departure from Riverdale, but CJ did his best to keep his head down and buried in the Southside just in case. Both Veronica and Cheryl herself had been keeping him up to date with the Penelope Blossom and rich people drama; CJ admittedly did feel an essence of guilt for being useless in the situation's aftermath.

There had also been news of a raid at Southside High due to the success of the sugarman's jingle jangle. Luckily, CJ had been passed out in his apartment at the time, sleeping off a hangover from the previous night at the House of the Dead. Sometimes it paid to skip school.

Speaking of CJ's apartment, he was hanging out in the small home currently. He'd been playing around on his phone since he'd woken up late in the morning, texting the likes of Cheryl and Verne about two utterly contrasting topics. The talk with Cheryl was simply her usual savage banter with a bit of flirting thrown in. The talk with Verne, however, was about multiple drug operations run by the Ghoulies and the fact that a more cautious approach to business was in dire need of implementation.

It was a true example of how different the North and the South were...

Only when CJ's phone pinged with an unfamiliar notification did he sit up from his bed, needing a better angle to focus on the message.

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: Meet me at Cheryl's ASAP. Need your help.

He couldn't help but smirk to himself when he noticed Betty's recently altered contact name, wondering how Jughead would react. It certainly lacked subtlety.

CJJ: Bossy boots

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: I'm being serious, CJ.

CJJ: So am I lol I ain't gonna do shit for you if you don't ask nicely

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: Please? I wouldn't need you if it wasn't serious

CJJ: Why what's happened is Cheryl okay

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: She's fine, I just need to speak to her about a sensitive topic and it's urgent so it'd help if you were there...

CJJ: I'm not comin if you're just gonna be upsetting her and shit, can't be dealing with girls crying and being petty it makes me confused

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: Why does Cheryl like you again?

CJJ: I've got good hair and I'm as smooth as Forsythe's baby face😉

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: Can you come and meet me or not?!

CJJ: As long as you explain what's going on

Sexy sister in law👱🏻‍♀️: Okay

CJJ: And buy me some fries from Pop's that I can eat when I get there