Chapter 15: Vicious Peasant

*mentally breaks down over like 10 overdue literature essays but writes this chapter anyway*

Chapter 15 <> Vicious Peasant

"Get back here you filthy son of a bitch!!" CJ Jones bellowed as he ran through the back alleys of the Southside, chasing down a dark haired Serpent with a machete in one hand and a grotty baseball bat in the other

It wasn't everyday you heard about a snake on Ghoulie turf and Malachai had offered a kind sum to whoever could track down the perpetrator. Luckily, CJ was in the right place at the right time and was hot on the heels of a boy named Fangs Fogarty.

"I've got no beef with you Jones!" Fangs called out, momentarily looking over his leathered shoulder to see CJ closing in on him.

Unfortunately for Fangs, his streak of bad luck began (Rubs salt in the fandom's love for Fangs wound😂😂) when he tripped on a manhole cover and flew to the ground, tearing the skin off of his hands when he slid a good seven feet.

"You come on our turf and you've automatically got beef with all of us, snake." CJ said as he stood over Fangs, holding the machete close to the Serpent's chin. Fangs put his battered hands up in surrender. "The fuck you doing in our territory flying your flag?" He asked, referring to the leather jacket.

"Nothing that'll hurt the Ghoulies." Fangs said desperately, still catching his breath after the earlier chase. "The Serpents don't even know I'm here. Please man, help a brother out?"

"You ain't exactly in the position to be makin' requests, asshole. And I'm not your brother."

"You're FP Jones' son-"

"I'm no child of his." CJ snapped, baring his teeth like a vicious predator. "Now tell me what the fuck you're doin' around here, I ain't got all day man; bastards to beat, bitches to bang. You know the deal."

"Look," Fangs sighed helplessly. "Please don't tell anyone alright? But I got something going on with a girl and she lives on this side." CJ scoffed at the excuse but continued to listen nonetheless. "And I normally try and get her to come over to our side so I don't have to be around often, but she's been insisting these past few days-"

"Alright. Jesus, I get it man." CJ cut in. "I don't need your whole life story... a simple 'the bitch I'm fucking lives nearby' would've been fine."

"Yeah..." Fangs trailed off awkwardly, hesitantly getting back to his feet while keeping his eyes locked in on the machete.

"Look dude I ain't gonna slice you." The Ghoulie grumbled, getting a relieved smile from Fangs in response. "But you're currently the subject of a manhunt and you got a lil' price on you," The Serpent's face immediately dropped when he noticed the machete being lowered for the bat to take its place. "I don't want there to be any hard feelings, man. You seem like a chill guy. But see the thing is I just bought an apartment and I got a girl of my own, and she honestly ain't gonna be cheap to date if you get what I'm sayin'?"