Thirty-Three

Maura walked into the kitchen.

"Hey have you seen a light gree-" Maura stopped and looked at the living room. Olivia and Maura were both standing there confused. Maura pointed at the living room.

"Is something wrong?" She said still looking at the living room, talking to Olivia.

"I-I don't know?" Olivia rolled her eyes to the back of her head and opened them back up trying to see them more clearly.

"An-ann-anyway....." Maura said looking to Olivia slowly.

"Yeah?" Olivia questioned. "What were you asking me?"

"Have you seen a light green blanket?" Maura asked. "It's big and rounded off on the ends."

"Yeah you gave it to me to sleep with last night!" Olivia said walking to Niall's room (the one she slept in last night) quickly.

She bent down grabbed the blanket and stood back up straight. On her way up she noticed a picture of Niall when he was smaller with his brother and his parents. Olivia picked it up and smiled. Maura walked in the door way of the room.

"Did ya find it?" Maura asked.

Olivia hid the picture behind her back. "Yeah!"

"Good! Just put it on the picnic basket in the kitchen when you can.

Olivia nodded and Maura left. Olivia looked back down at the picture.

I wonder what Niall will do when he gets back here. I'm gonna need to leave and go back to Georgia. He's probably not gonna want to come with me. He will want to stay here with his family. Olivia thought out loud.

She set the picture down and folded the blanket. She walked out of the room and set the blanket on the brown picnic basket. She walked in the living room and sat next to Zayn leaning against the couch on the floor.

"Whatcha doin?" Olivia asked.

"Reeeeelaxin'!" Zayn answered.

"I thought y'all wanted to go to the zoo."

"Yah, tomorrow." Zayn said smiling, closing his eyes, and slouching.

Olivia stood up and walked through the hall way to Maura's room. She knocked lightly cause the door was open. Maura looked up.

"Something I can help you with?" Maura asked.

"well, I was just wondering when we are going down to the river." Olivia said.

"Just a minute, let me finish putting the laundry away."

"Okay!" Olivia said.

She stood there and watched as she finished up with socks. She put them in a drawer and walked out the door with Olivia. It was already 11:46. Lunch time. Maura grabbed the picnic basket and they walked out to the car. She put the picnic basket in the trunk of the car and the blanket next to it. Maura got in the driver seat and Olivia got in the passenger seat. She drove to the river. She played a station that played piano music and it was very relaxing. Olivia sat there looking out the window and thinking to herself.

When hey arrived to the river, Olivia got the basket and the blanket. They walked down a dirt trail and through a little bit of trees. Maura lead the way. She stopped by a river and took the blanket from Olivia. She laid it out on the ground and put the basket on it. She slipped off her shoes and sat on the blanket. She patted the blanket telling Olivia to come sit. Olivia sat and slipped her shoes off.

"Maura there so something I want to tell you!" Olivia wined.

"Yes, sweetie?" Maura questioned.

"Niall is such a sweet kid and he has been in all of my thoughts later. I was just wondering if he is thinking of a girl or if he is available or if he wants to remain single. I mean if he's not dating, cause I like him. Like I think I like like him and I was--"

"Shhhh. Olivia." Maura said. "He does have a girl in mind."

Olivia looked at her toes and wiggled them. "Oh....." She said sadly.

"It's you."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, he called me this morning and told me about you going over there when you said you were going for a 'walk' last night."

Olivia smiled. "Really!?"

"Yeah! And I want to give you this." Maura said holding out a photo.

Olivia took it and flipped it over. She looked at it and noticed it was the picture, of Niall and his family, in his bedroom. She looked up at Maura.

"I saw you looking at it this morning and I thought you should have it."

"This means a lot."

"Now don't get to personal about it. It's a copy cause I can't just take Niall's picture."

"Thank you." Olivia smiled.

Maura reached into the basket and got out two ham and cheese sandwiches.

"You do know he loves you too right?" Maura asked.

"Yeah, he told me last night." Olivia said blushing.

She handed Olivia here sand-which.

"I can't wait for Niall to get here on Friday!" Olivia said biting into her sand-which.

"I know! To bad you all need to leave."

"Yeah about that... Niall.. I'm wondering what he's gonna do."

"I'm sure he will stay here and repair his shop and stay here in Ireland with me." Maura said.

Olivia looked at her kinda creeped out.

When they finished their sandwiches they put the trash in the basket and talked for a while. At about 1:00 they left the river and went back home. When they walked in the door they set their stuff down and plopped on the couch and closed their eyes. They were exhausted. But they noticed something. Where was everyone and why is the back door open?...?