Thirty-Eight

OLIVIA POV

Thursday.....

Tomorrow Niall gets out of jail and comes back here. I still don't know what he is going to do. Is he going to stay here with his mum or come back to Georgia? I hope he does whatever feels right.

"Lunch is ready!" Maura shouted at the top of her lungs.

I wasn't really hungry. She filled us up this morning with her delicious omelets. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed what she made anyway. It was a ham sand-which. That's not to hard to eat when your full, so I scarfed it down quickly. She poured me a glass of water and I drank some of it.

Louis was sitting in the middle of the couch next to Zayn on the left side. I walked over to them and plopped down next to Louis. They looked at me as if I broke the couch.

I ignored them and took out my slick iPhone from my pajama pants and played my game.

Time flew by really fast. Before I knew it, 2 hours have past. It was now 3:00 on the dot. I looked up and saw Maura dusting the mantle.

"Do you need help with anything?" I stood up and walked to her.

"If you want to help, I need to vacuum the floor." Maura continued dusting.

"All the floors of the house?" I was checking to make sure.

"Indeed, the vacuum is in the closet next to my bed."

I walked into her room and noticed the two big white doors. I opened them and saw the vacuum sitting behind her clothes hanging up. I pulled it out and noticed another door behind the clothes. I didn't want to be nosey, but my curiosity got the best of me and I opened the door letting it lead me into a dark room. I padded my way down the wall and finally found the light switch. I turned it on and the dim light flickered on.

"Woah." My mouth dropped.

I walked over to a small photograph framed on the wall. It was a picture of Maura and George Washington. My eyes widens.

"Is she really that old!?" I thought to myself. "She can't be."

I walked around to another spot of the room. There were a bunch of old stuff in here. I looked at the other side. It was a lot brighter. I walked over to them and picked one up.

"What is this?" I clicked a button and a bunch of little gadgets came out of this little circle device. I was throw back by my apprehension.

"Hello." It said in a little tech voice.

I stared at it in fright.

"How can I help you?" It asked me as I sat in the corner of the small room.

"What are you!?" I managed to ask.

"I'm a hydro fixnator." It answer me as it flew to me and brushed my hair.

"Where did you come from!?" I asked.

"The year 4092."

I looked into his metallic bug eyes.

"Wait, wait, wait,..." I said repeatedly as I stood up.

"So, let me get his straight. You are from a year that nobody has lived through yet." I was very confused.

"Yes, yes I am."

"Then how did you get here?" I asked.

"That I can not tell you." It flew behind me and cleaned the mess I made from when I crashed into the floor of more historic things.

"Why can't you tell me?" I turned around and watched it clean.

"Because sweetie."

It as silent.

"That might lead us to some pretty disastrous things." It flew back into it's shell.

"What do you mean?" I asked waiting for an answer.

Nothing happened.

I heard footsteps come around from Maura's room. I quickly walked out and grabbed the vacuum handle as if I've been messing with it he whole time.

"Oh here you are." Maura smiled and helped me get the vacuum out.

We brought it out the the living room and I started from there. Throughout the whole vacuuming time, I thought about that hydro fixnator thingy. I ended my vacuuming in her room and put the vacuum away. I looked at the door and thought about going back in. But I didn't.

"Olivia, sweetie!" Maura called me so I closed the closet doors and walked quickly to her.

"Yes, mam." I said walking to the kitchen where she was standing.

"I just thought maybe you could put new sheets on the beds." She told me. "The sheets are in Niall's room on his bed."

I nodded and walked into Niall's room. Also the room I sleep in. I changed the sheets on all the beds and through the dirty ones in the laundry room.

By the time I knew it, dinner has finally come around. Cleaning is a lot of work. Dinner was set in the table. She made spaghetti and meatballs. I sat down next to Zayn in front of my plate. We all bowed our head and said the blessings. We ate our food at a nice pace.

Soon, it was nap time. We all got ready for bed, and laid down. I closed my eyes, and slept.