Ch.23

Hermione apparated right into her parent's home. "Mum?"

"We're in here honey."

Hermione walked into the living room and immediately ran up to Draco who was sitting on the couch with two bags of ice, one that rested on his left foot the other held to the back of his head.

"Oh Merlin, Draco are you okay?"

Draco looked up at her looking particularly pained at the moment. "Seriously woman, I knew falling in love with you wasn't going to be easy but I didn't realize it was this going to be hazardous to my health."

Hermione gave a sigh of relief. "Good you're fine then."

Draco grunted.

Without thinking Hermione leant down to give him a kiss on the top of his head. "It really is sort of sweet that you came to ask my parents for permission but," Hermione whacked him slightly over the head.

"Ow, what was that for Granger?"

"Do you have to wear all black robes? You do know that I told my parents about Deatheaters. They probably assumed you were one at the moment. Really. And you had to apparate in? Can't you use the door?" Hermione fumed as she placed her hands on her hips.

"This is what wizards wear when they go to formally meet their intended's parents."

"My parents aren't wizards Draco!"

"I realize that now okay." Draco grimaced as he pressed the ice closer to his head. "A damn frying pan, I swear. Only you Grangers. " He muttered under his breath.

"I can't wait to tell Blaise and Teddy."

Draco looked up sharply. "Granger you wouldn't."

Hermione gave him a devilish smile.

Meanwhile Mr. and Mrs. Granger had watched the interaction between the two, completely amazed. They hadn't seen their daughter this lively in a long time. Well the last time they had seen her was when she came the day that Ron had broken their engagement. She'd apparated to them and told them that the wedding was over. She hadn't cried but they could tell that she already had. Her eyes were red and puffy. She'd almost been emotionless, as emotionless as they had ever seen her. She'd stayed for tea and cake but then quickly left after assuring them unconvincingly that she was fine.

"Hermione." Mrs. Granger said getting her daughter's attention.

Hermione whirled around almost forgetting that her parents were present.

"Mum, dad!" Hermione said as she hugged them.

"Sweetheart." Hermione's dad said as he whirled her around like he did so many years ago. Then he winced when he put her back down. His back was not like it was when she was younger. "What's going on sweetheart?" He finally asked.

Hermione gave a nervous laugh. "Yes well, um. You two may want to take a seat."

"Mum, dad we're going to tell you our story." She gestured to herself and Draco. In the condensed version. Hermione silently added.

"Ron was cheating on me with Draco's then girlfriend. Supermodel Sadie Rayne..."

Hermione's mom's brows rose at the familiar name. Hermione's dad even looked at Draco a little harder.

"…Ever since we've been spending a lot of time together. And in the process we've fallen in love."

"Again." Draco added in.

"Again? What does that mean?" Mrs. Granger asked.

Draco silently cursed himself for saying again, when he did not need to. "Um well." He cleared his throat. "Yes, um I was in love with your daughter many years ago I think." He finished, biting his lip. " No I know I was. Actually I might've been in love with her all this time." Draco said in astonishment like as if he could barely believe himself. He looked to the side at Hermione in wonderment. Hermione though was blushing at his confession, thinking he was rather playing it up for her parents.