Ch.26

Draco walked to the Department of Magical Perversion. He ignored the buzzing from the reporters and the bulbs. However he found himself face to face with one of the most annoying reporters he'd ever had the displeasure to meet even when they were once upon a time allies. Rita Skeeter. Dear Merlin the woman really was annoying.

"Mr. Malfoy, have you heard about the rumors that your... girlfriend," She drawled out the last word like as if it tasted acrid.

"Please move." Draco said not taking her bait.

"Have you seen the pictures in the Daily Phophet of her with several professional quidditch players?" Skeeter continued on. "It was said that she was at the Puddlemere Stadium just two days ago talking to Oliver Wood, who was just voted one of the top five Players of the year. And she was also seen talking to-"

"I was there too." Draco crossed his arms over his chest as he stared Skeeter down.

Rita had a momentarily look of shock but quickly recovered. "You were? Don't you agree that they were looking rather chummy? Standing so close and -"

"No, I was sitting in the bleachers with his wife of three years, Cora Newin, the nurse that treated him after he was severely injured. You know the same nurse that you wrote falsely about being a gold digger that only wanted Wood for his money and nothing more; who you also insinuated that would spread her legs for any professional player?" Draco spat back.

"I did no such-"

Draco glared at her then turned around to face another reporter, one that normally was a pain in his backside, Lawrence .

"You can quote me on this."

Lawrence quickly took out his wand and poised it to record.

"I trust Hermione with every inch of me. She's my world now and if the Prophet or any other printing supplier dares to defame her, I will buy them out, I have the money and they will be out of a job faster than they can say Merlin." With that Draco turned back around and walked past a fuming Rita Skeeter.

"Roger Davies was seen with a Miss Hermione Granger at the Leaky Tavern last night at around 10 o'clock." Skeeter said smugly.

Draco turned around and faced Skeeter. "See Skeeter, I would be worried if it were not for the fact that Davie's boyfriend likes makeup more than Hermione." With that Draco went into the Department where the reporters had been indefinitely banned from entering. If they did dare, a spell would send then flying five feet back on their bums, then would develop boils that lasted a week. Hermione had casted the spell the first year she had started working there. That year was a rather slow news year so the reporters all hounded the war heros and heroines. Two of which that worked at the Department, both getting rather high positions despite the fact that they were just fresh from Hogwarts. Hermione and Blaise. Blaise added the boils part to the spell saying that it was a good reminder and Hermione felt rather vindictive that day after the press kept firing questions at her about catching her and Harry in a lip lock. ( It had been mistletoe at the Christmas party)

!

Draco opened the door to the office then cried out in horror when he saw his best friend making out with Lovegood.

"Draco!" Blaise yelled as he and Luna parted. "Don't you know how to knock!"

"You never knock!"

Blaise frowned as he realized Draco was actually right. "Yeah well we have a new rule, we both knock from now on."

"It doesn't matter now, I have the image permanently ingrained in my cerebrum."

"I've seen you and Hermione make out and I consider Hermione as my sister." Blaise defended.