Epilogue: Lyra and James

The next Generation:

James and Lyra

An eight month old James Potter patted the head of the newborn girl as his godmother held both of them in her arms. "James, this is Lyra, your job from now on is to protect her okay?" Hermione said softly, half joking as she laid there exhausted. Unknowingly she'd set the path for the two.

!

Five year old Lyra Malfoy held her plastic beater's bat behind her in a defensive stance. "Harry let go of me, go bother Mum or dad."

The only response she got was "No Lyie" as that was all her two and a half year old brother could say of her name, not yet able to say his r's. "Babbbiiie." He cried meaning their seventh month old sister, Willow.

Lyra sighed then nodded. Maybe he could help her keep James Potter at bay. "Okay, when you see James, you squeal okay?"

"Why?" Harry Scorpius Malfoy asked as he stuck his thumb in his mouth.

"Because..."

James Potter dropped from the tree and gave her a kiss on the cheek before quickly running away.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" Lyra cried as she waved her beater's bat around furiously as if to hit the moment away. "I'm going to get you James Potter!" She cried.

"But you already have my heart my lovely Lyra!" The slightly older boy cried.

!

"James Potter you, you you!" Lyra Malfoy cried as she saw the fireworks that exploded on the ceiling of the Great Hall. She was a fifth year and while she tried to be mature, James Potter always seemed to bring the most childish part of her out.

Each time an explosion occurred, they would form the words JP+LM forever.

"I have a boyfriend!" She screamed before she began to chase the boy with a handful of fruits. He was much too much like the grandfather he was named after.

"But we're meant to be Lyra!" James cried as he dodged an apple that the beautiful blonde had thrown at him. "I'll win you like my grandfather won my grandmother!"

"We are not James and Lily Potter!" Lyra screamed as she threw an orange this time.

"He's at it again, isn't he?" Beautiful nymph like first year, Willow Malfoy said as she sat down next to fourth year Tristan Wood.

"Yep." Harry Malfoy said popping the p.

"I think they're so sweet." Sabine Zabini sighed as she watched the two older teens.

"I feel like I am watching Lily Evans and James Potter all over again." Severus Snape muttered from his portrait as he observed the Great Hall.

!

Lyra Malfoy smoothed her dress down as she glanced at herself in the mirror. It was their Yule Ball and she desperately wanted to make an impression like her mother had years before her, if her dad's stories of her mom were true.

She didn't want to sound conceited but she knew she was pretty with her father's blonde hair but her mother's delicate build. She was part of the whole new generation of Slytherins. She was her father's daughter thoroughly but her mother had made sure that they, her and her siblings were not prejudiced nor feel any shame in being Half-Bloods. As a result, Lyra and some of her fellow friends came to be in Slytherin and changed the whole house upside down, because some traditions and ways of thinking simply needed to be done with.

Lyra was considered to be very popular, or so people told her as she was one of the few fifth years dating a seventh year therefore she was actually nominated for dancing Witch, the muggle equivalent of prom queen if there was to be a parallel case. Not only that but she had Harry Potter's eldest son professing his love to her every day, to her dismay.