Letter Two

July 24, 2014 - New York City

July 20, 2014

Beautiful,

This package was a bit more hefty compared to last. I decided to mail off the books for this round before I see you in ten days from the day this letter is written. It's crazy to think we've been apart for almost two months now, before the tour we didn't go longer than a week or two without seeing each other. I know we can outlast this distance, I believe in us. I can't wait to see you and touch you and kiss you and wake up next to you and make meals with you and make love to you, Talia, it's been way too long. I've dreamt about your body writhing underneath mine, it helps me get through these days. I don't want to turn this letter into a fourth installment of 50 Shades of Grey, so lets talk about the books I got you...

There are three from Düsseldorf. Again, I don't understand German but I think the man at the bookstore said the books were about World War 2. I would assume he's right, considering the men in battle on the covers. Bern didn't have anything that really caught my eye, so I bought you a picture book of Switzerland. It looks a bit childish, though. Maybe it could be a book that you show to our children. Okay, I apologize for that. That was creepy. You're probably screaming as you read this. I'd rewrite this letter but you know how lazy I can be. Moving on, I got you two from Turin; one's a biography on the painter, Raphael and the other is a biography on Dante Alighieri. I know you'll like the one about Dante Alighieri because you would not shut up about The Divine Comedy the other night. I apologize for falling asleep halfway through your commentary on The Inferno, by the way. From Barcelona, I picked out a biography on Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand, it's in Spanish, what a shocker! The book from Madrid is a book of poetry written by Dámaso Alonso. It's in English and Spanish. Maybe you can recite some poetry to me in Spanish when I'm there, yeah? The book from Porto is almost like the book from Bern, just with pictures of Portugal. I would've gotten a better book there but we weren't there very long. The last book I bought was in Sheffield and it's Winter's Tale by Shakespeare. I don't know what it's about but I bought it because it must have something to with winter and we meant during the winter, you see the connection I'm trying to make...

I paid a crap load of money to get some fast shipping compared to the last package. It was really important to me that you get this package before we see each other. Even if the few books haven't put a dent in covering the shelves, I still want to see them up there. I think I've rambled on too much in this letter. I'll see you in ten days, babe.

Longing to see you,

Ashton

PS. If dreams really do come true, I hope you answer the door in my shirt of The Clash. I love you.

i attached a picture of exactly the shelves and living room i gave talia in this apartment.