Calls & Coffee

Waking up at four o'clock in the afternoon was not as great as it was made out to be. Sure, a few more hours of sleep were nice, but not when you had consumed more alcohol than your body weight. Okay, maybe the alcohol thing was a little exaggeration, but you got the point, right? My head was throbbing with a hangover and getting too much sleep, I couldn't even sit up without feeling like I was taking a trip around the earth and a couple seconds from puking into the stars.

As I was constricted to my mattress my only hope of activity today would be technology. I was pissed at myself for having my phone on auto-brightness and further making my head throb with the blinding bright light. I shut off auto-brightness and turned the brightness down to its lowest setting to survive the journey to I was about to make.

I had a ways to scroll before I reached the end of the notifications piled onto top of each other. My thumb started hurting halfway from scrolling so much. Was this what it felt like to be famous? Maybe this wasn't what it felt like, nonetheless it was pretty damn close to how I suspected Ashton felt some days.

10 missed calls from Ashton
5 missed calls from Luke
20 missed calls from Michael
2 missed calls from Jet
1 missed call from Noelle

13 missed calls from Xander
25 missed calls from Sofia
2 missed calls from Mommy
1 missed call from Dad

I think I'd rather be dead than have to respond back to these phone calls. I think I could quickly knock out Ashton, Luke, and Michael's calls by calling just one of them, but I didn't know who'd I call without hurting the others feelings. My first choice would be to call my dad, but his one phone call probably was not urgent in the least. The pounding in my head was screaming to call Ashton, but I couldn't be bothered to listen to what my head was telling me right now.

Ashton: when did you make an instagram?

I closed out my messages, looking through my apps. I magically appeared to have an Instagram now. I opened the picture app, observing the only thing I had posted on there; a picture of Jet, Noelle, and I looking rather sober. The picture had 100+ likes and a bunch of comments I couldn't be bothered to read. I played around with the app for awhile longer, learning I had 1000 something followers and followed absolutely no one back. So, I went and followed Ashton before anything else. I didn't understand why I felt the need to make an Instagram in my drunken state... I had tried to stay away from all of these things.

I went back to finish my quest of texts.

Ashton: are you okay?
Ashton: are you mad at me? please don't tell me you're mad at me.
Ashton: i'm sorry if i did something
Ashton: i love you okay? just answer me please
Ashton: i'm really worried right now babe
Luke: Kozma answer your damn phone.
Luke: Ashton is losing his fucking mind
Michael: are you even alive?
Michael: ashton doesn't want us to say anything but he's actually crying right now it's kinda funny. i'm a terrible friend.
Michael: please respond to one of us before he does something utterly insane
Calum: maybe i'll have better luck with you? REPLY YOU FUCKING TWAT.
Calum: ok maybe calling you a fucking twat won't make you respond but please respond.......like now
Luke: Kozma i swear to all of your damn greek gods that i will fly my ass to new york and ruin your life if you don't answer
Jet: a major hangover calls for coffee, greasy foods, and a lazy day indoors. you down?
Noelle: totally scored last night with that ginger kid who was giving out drinks last night
Noelle: the drapes match the carpet. #firecrotch
Jet: okay so i'll take your silence as a no
Ashton: talia please respond or answer your phone i'm sitting here bawling my eyes out
Ashton: whatever i did, trust me, i'll make it up to you. i'll do anything. please, talia.
Michael: ok i'm absolutely positive you've died. i'm writing your eulogy as i type this out with one thumb.
Calum: collaborating with mikey on your eulogy
Xander: T? you good? Luke and Ash are blowing up my phone because you haven't responded
Sofia: My beautiful girl, are you okay?
Ana: talia iris kozma where are you
Jack: TALIA MY BROTHER AND HIS BEST FRIEND ARE FREAKING OUT BECAUSE OF YOU ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE
Mom: did you get drunk last night? ;-)(
Dad: call when you can. i miss you.
Xander: talia you're dumb and i hate you. i'm blocking you on my phone bye
Jack: i keep telling the guys you're just asleep but they won't take my word for it. please respond once you can. ana's driving me insane as well now
Sofia: i miss youuuuuuuuuuu. talk to me babe.
Ashton: this is the last text i'll send before i give up. i love you so much. whatever is wrong please accept my apology i didn't mean to do whatever i did to make you ignore me and everyone else. i love you i love you i love you and i would be in new york in a heart beat if i wasn't dedicated to a tour right now. maybe it's the distance bothering you? i promise it'll get better. we'll make it through. it's just one more obstacle testing our relationship and it's an obstacle we can pass. you're my world and without you, i guess i can say, i'm nothing. Goodbye Talia.