What Friends Are For

This chapter is dedicated to an amazing person and my best friend. Go check out her story. JordyIsHere

The next morning both girls woke up in crumbs on their couch with the tv still on. They got ready for school, cleaned the apartment and left. The morning was like no other. It was spring and the cold weather was unexpected. As Alya and Marinette walked the footpaths in the park Marinette zoned out of the conversation.

She remembered the night before and the events. When Chat left she couldn't help but cry. But to her crying didn't make sense. When she was Ladybug she was furious with Chat Noir. And as Marinette, her interaction was very... intimate, raw. She didn't have a lot of interactions with him. Only on a few occasions would she help with akuma's as her civilian persona. But there was that on time. Chat Noir had this whole event planned out for Ladybug and he was upset so he went to Marinette.

The night played through her mind as well. All these memories of emotion and heartfelt times brought tears to her eyes.

"Marinette?" Alya grabbed Marinette's shoulder and turned Marinette to face her. Marinette sniffled and quickly wiped her tears.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Alya crouched a bit trying to look into Marinette's eyes but couldn't because the dark-haired girl had her head down and her bangs were covering her eyes.

"Let's skip first period." Marinette looked at her best friend through her bangs.

"What we can't do that."

"Why not? You have art first period and you're top of your class."

"Yeah, and don't you have journalism. Alya, you can't skip that." Marinette shook her head disagreeing. Marinette was a stubborn person but Alya was just as stubborn.

"Extra credits." Alya lifted her phone with a cheeky smile. Marinette sighed and hung her head again.

They walked through the park into a nice cafe. Once the door behind them shut they were greeted with the smell of coffee beans and warmth. Marinette closed her eyes and took a deep breath, smelling the strong scent.

"The usual?" Alya asked walking to the front counter.

"Yeah, I'll grab a table." Marinette saw Alya nod and she walked took get a table in the back where the coffee machines were. Marinette took off her bag and took a seat. Tikki popped out of the bag and Marinette looked at her lap.

"Are you okay, Marinette?"

"I don't know Tikki."

The night before Tikki tried to comfort Marinette and Tikki did her best. Marinette really appreciated Tikki caring but it did piss her off that Alya made her sit down so they could talk. How was she supposed to explain that she was upset because Chat Noir turned up in her room and she hit him with a book?

Alya walked over with a number on a metal stand and set it down on the table as she took a seat.

"Want to tell me why you're upset?" Alya rested her folded arms on the table.

"Not really." Marinette didn't make I contact.

"If- Thank you." Alya smiled at the woman who brought there hot drinks and snacks. Alya had a cappuccino with a raspberry muffin. Marinette had a latte with a choc chip cookie. Marinette took a bite of the cookie, broke some off and gave the piece to Tikki.

"If it's something you don't want to talk about I'm still here. It's not like I didn't know you were upset last night." Marinette looked up at Alya with wide-eyes.