A Splash Of Colour

Ladybug tapped her foot impatiently. It was past the time her and Chat Noir agreed to meet up. She needed answers to her questions. She had a lot of questions. Now she just added another one to her never-ending list. 'Where is he?' She left, she couldn't wait any longer. She gave him some space this morning and decided not to meet up to patrol, she left a message. But Chat didn't even do that. She checked her yo-yo so many times she thought she might go blind from the different contrast of looking at the screen light and then back to the dark city.

Just before she jumped another building, the last one to jump to get back to her apartment, she saw movement in the dark of night. 'Scotty.' She stated to herself. She didn't know what happened with the akuma, that was something she wanted to ask, another one of her questions.

She followed what she presumed was Scotty. Ladybug threw her yo-yo, wrapping the person in iron string. The tightness of her string loosened.

"What?" She looked at the retracted string that laid in her hands. Only half of the length came back. Hands grabbed her shoulders and she fell to the concrete. A sharp sting vibrated from her tailbone to her skull.

"Ah!" She cried out. She immediately tried to escape the attacker's grip. Ladybug gave up struggling, she bent her leg and shoved it to his groin.

"Mmm." She heard him hissed. She found her yo-yo, climbed onto of him, held the string between her palms and put the thin line against his throat.

"Wait, wait- ack, L-ack!" She hesitated.

"Chat?"

"Yeah... Yeah, it's me."

"What are you doing out?" She got up and lent her hand to him. He looked at for more than a second but grabbed it.

"Patrol." He simply answered. Chat Noir turned to walk away, to get away from Ladybug but she stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.

"Me too, y'know I thought we were supposed to meet up." She accused. Although it was phrased as a question she said it like a statement. Chat couldn't hear it in her voice but she was hurt.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He said over his shoulder. He looked at her hand. Ladybug did the same but didn't move it instead she forcefully turned him around.

"What's wrong? What happened? Chat I need to know what happened." Ladybug told him. "This is my city too, I protected when you were gone! I wasn't there for one attack and we still have to capture the akuma!" She shouted. She took in a deep breath. "I need your help." She muttered.

"No... you don't. There's nothing to catch, there's no akuma."

He raised his head and looked into her eyes. He said it coldly like he was talking to an idiot but the look he gave her wasn't fitting his tone of voice. His gaze made him seem weak, fragile. It made look like he was about to drop to his knees and faint. Ladybug was taken back by the look. She didn't have time to comfort her friend, who clearly needed a shoulder to lean on, because he ran away. It seemed like it was the only thing he wanted to do.

Dear students

Due to recent events, the next three days have been cancelled. This means you are expected to be back to your regular classes next Monday morning/afternoon.

This break is to pay respect to the students who had been injured or worse in the latest akuma attack. Please recover if you can and we hope to see you all back on Thursday.

Thank you

Mrs Marvin

Marinette looked at the letter that the university coordinator sent. 'Due to recent events?' She asked herself. 'What happened exactly?'