The Day That Came

The whole drama class sat on the stage of the auditorium. Ms Etourdissant in the middle. Everyone thought of it as a satanic ritual and all said their jokes. Ms Etourdissant had to show her class her tattoo on her forearm.

"Wait we're not actually sacrificing anyone are we?" Chloe asked. Ms Etourdissant snickered.

"No. Class time!" She chimped, the whole class groaned and quieted down. "Okay, now we've been studying Romeo and Juliet for a while now. Does anyone know why?" Some students shook their heads and others sat still. But a few people raised their hands.

"If you think it's because of a love story I will kick you out of here." She muttered. Now, only three people had their hands up. Ms Etourdisant pointed at Chloe.

"Because it teaches a lot of good things."

"Yeah, but all those good things that we've learnt are because of the bad things that happened. Like Juliet's death." Ms Etourdissant turned her head.

"Marinette." She called out.

"Yes?" The blue-haired girl asked.

"Can you tell me what Juliet's death teaches us?" There was a pause.

"Well... Don't let your emotions control your life." Marinette said.

"Yeah."

Ms Etourdissant continued to talk about the lessons Romeo and Juliet offered. Everyone listened, she made the class interesting and fun even when the topic was boring. A lot of people liked her because of that, who wouldn't no one wanted to sit through a boring class.

"We don't perform the play. Now if you take my classes next year you would. But most of you don't start your degree till next year and some of you aren't even majoring in drama, to you, this is just a class. But just like any class, you need to learn. I hope that you do learn from my classes. I want your papers on the play by the end of the term." Ms Etourdissant told the class.

The multiple amounts of students sat around her groaned. A boy raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Can you be more specific about the paper miss?"

"Eight thousand words or more on a brief description of the play and the lessons you've learnt from it. Understood?"

"No, but okay." He replied. Ms Entourdissant clapped her hands together.

"Alrighty! Let's go through the whole thing." She stood and everyone followed.

The class went through each scene, pausing from time to time when Ms Etourdissant said to because she wanted to change something. The class was obedient though they were annoyed because the class was longer than usual. Even when it ended they didn't get through all the acts.

"You should start your essays this week. Going through those scenes already have so many lessons you could write on. I expect you to do so." A chorus of replies echoed in the auditorium as students emptied out. Some students stayed behind to help pack up.

"Thank for doing this, guys." Ms Etourdissant told the students that helped packed up.

"No problem miss," Adrien replied.

"We don't have much on our plate." Marinette chimed. Ms Etourdissant smiled at the rest of the students still in the auditorium.

Adrien and Marinette helped other students put away the props used for the setting and the little things they used for customs like masks and hats. Marinette helped with a lot of heavy things such as wooden blocks and chairs. Adrien would guide her to where they would go. He watched as she tried to walk straight. She wasn't that grounded as she was normally. Her mind somewhere else, her jumpy old self was back. The person who looked at everything that moved, the girl who had her guard up ready to swing her fist. That Marinette was back.