Chapter 36: Revelations

Lily gasped - so that was Layla, and she was Samael's sister?!

"H... How can it be? I thought Sammy was an angel! How can he have a demon as a sister?"

"Aww, so you indeed don't remember anything from your past incarnation, do you?" Layla chuckled, "Samael was created from the darkness borrowed from the Black Energy, with the core given by the High Forces. The High Forces created him and directed his powers against us. But that Black Energy part whence his soul was borrowed did not fade. It formed me. Samael was my brother and he was turned against me by inserting that damn light core! I shall never forgive it! He was born a slayer, yet, after meeting you, turned into a softie. You shall be punished, Lilith, wife of Adam!" 

She swung her slicer and shot strong red energy at Lily and Incubus. Incubus covered Lily tighter, but Samael knew he wouldn't withstand such a powerful red shot, so he jumped in the way of the blast and took it on.

"Samael!" 

Lily yelled in horror. For the first time she had ever seen, Samael coughed black blood. He turned back to Lily and Incubus, smiled at them, and fell, unconscious.

"Samael!" Lily screamed.

"Father!" Incubus was no less frightened.

Layla, once saw that her shot had hit Samael, let out a demonic laugh:

"I hit the bull's eye!" 

She turned to Maximilian Richelieu, who stood behind her: 

"Mammon, let's teleport back to hell. Our job is finished here. At last, I'll cut that light core out of him and get my brother back!"

Lily got astonished - Mammon?! So, that professor she loved so much was, in fact, the infamous evil demon of greed?

"Your word is my command, Lady Layla".

All the three - Mammon, Layla, and downed Samael - vanished in red smoke.

"No, Samael!" Lily fell to her knees and began crying: "Oh, Sammy!"

Tears filled Incubus' eyes too:

"Father..." 

It was over - his father was gone and there was no one who could help him. It was his fault - if only he were stronger, his father would never worry about him, and would come up with an idea of how to unleash his third form. That whore wouldn't stand a chance against his father if only he had taken the Form of Satan! 

"I'm so sorry..."

"All is my fault..." Lily sobbed, "If I were not so foolish in my previous incarnation, none of this would've happened! Samael wouldn't need to guard me, and he'd be able to use his ultimate power..."

"Instead of weeping out there, wouldn't it be more reasonable for you to tell your mother the whole truth, Incubus? It is obvious she has forgotten, and since your father needs help, there's no need to keep it a secret anymore".

Incubus and Lily started and looked back, to see Johan and Amiel.

"Huh? Who the heck are you?" 

Incubus wasn't acquainted with Johan since this latter never presented when he met Lily.

"Johan? How did you get here?" 

Lily couldn't hide her surprise - didn't Raphael teleport all people? Why was Johan still here?

"I was here from the beginning," Johan shrugged. "Anyway, Incubus, still not telling her the truth?"

"Huh? What do you mean? What truth?" Lily grew surprised.

"First tell me how you know about the truth," Incubus frowned.

"It's simple - I'm not a human".

"Huh?!" both Lily and Incubus gasped.

"I'm a cherub. I was hiding my light aura so that you guys wouldn't notice. Amiel is my assistant and I used her as a 'guardian angel' while I was disguised as a human. My true name is Kerubiel".

"K... Kerubiel? You mean, the lord of all cherubim?!" 

Incubus' jaw dropped - cherubim were the elite guard of the High Forces, and their lord was said to be born out of the High Forces' core!

"Yes. I was sent here on a mission to supervise Lilith, but I see the situation has turned even graver. We need to act as fast as we can".

"B... But... how can we save Samael?" Incubus was in dismay.

"The answer is simple - you need to help him get loose from Layla and her subordinates. He and I can do the rest easily," Johan explained. "But before I teleport us to hell, Lily needs to know the whole story".

"Huh? What story is he talking about, Incubus?" 

Lily grew confused - Layla's sudden apparition, Samael's kidnapping, Johan who turned out to be the lord of cherubim... Just what on earth was happening here? Could this ever get any more complicated?!

"You were not only blighted by black energy back after you mated father, Lily." Incubus sighed. "Samael kept it a secret from you so that you wouldn't share the same fate as your first incarnation. He feared you might not manage to get purified if you knew the truth. The thing is - you are not only a dirty soul. You are a human who, mating the angel of destruction and death, and giving birth to a demon of nightmares, got her soul destroyed. You are a demon".