Chapter 43: The Death Awakens

Lily rushed into the lava cavern, only to freeze - Samael was chained up to the wall, unconscious! Layla turned to her with a vile grin:

"You are late, foolish human". 

She showed her a faint light core she held in her claws. Shivers ran down Lily's spine - she had really cut the light core out of her brother's chest?! Tears came to her eyes:

"You... killed him".

"I did not kill him, I revived him! The High Forces killed my brother, Satan, and turned him into a pitiful angel. I could never forgive that!"

"Shut up! Sammy was not a black energy monster or a light core, but the combination of them both. That is why I loved him - he could understand how we, humans, felt. We were of two natures, just like him, so he loved us. He loved all of us as his little brothers and sisters, yet we were too foolish to understand him! He loved angels and the High Forces because his core was connected with them, yet they could not understand his feelings as they saw only the difference in him - the black energy. He loved you demons and the Black Energy because his spirit consisted of it, yet you never understood him because you only saw his light core which made him too different from you. No one could understand him, but he could understand every being's feelings and loved all of them. He combined all of our natures but all we could see were the differences he had from us, instead of the resemblances he shared with us! The thing you left chained up on that wall now, is not Samael, is not Satan, is not Lucifer, but a mere black energy body! The thing you have in your hands is not Samael, Satan, Lucifer, but a mere light orb! You killed him - you killed your own brother with your own two hands! But screw that, you fool! I don't care about your family issues. You killed my hubby, and I'll make you pay!" 

Dark purple flames engulfed Lily. Layla grew dreaded - how come this low-level human possessed the purple flames, the highest power of all?! 

Lily dropped off her human body. Her soul emerged, grew dark, and began to shape-shift. Layla shuddered and even made a step back now:

Just what is this woman?

Lily's feeble, soft body changed into a large blackened demoness of purple flames, with giant claws, horns, and red eyes.

"N...No way, this is the supreme form of the Night Queen - the power of Yin, the supreme form of the Black Energy, the dark mother!" Layla cried out in horror. "How the heck does this mere human possess such strength?!"

"Die, wretch!" 

The Lilin Demoness charged at Layla with her purple flames, blasted her, and threw her off into the wall. Layla hit the wall hard and coughed out dirty blood. She snarled and barely stood up. Red flames built upon her body.

"If you want a fight, you will get it, you slut! Supreme power - Lady of Flames!" 

Layla turned into her supreme form - a beast with horns, flaming eyes, and demonic wings covered in infernal fire.

The demonesses roared and dashed at each other. Layla spat red flames out of her mouth, but they were countered by Lilith's strong purple flames - the most powerful ones of all. Lilith swung her giant skeleton claws and lacerated Layla's lava form, shattering her body to pieces. The flame demoness shrilled in pain and anguish. She tried to blast the night demoness with her flames, but this latter was a lot swifter and more powerful - she would grab her blasts and make them vanish in her giant hands.

"Die!!!" 

Layla gathered up her energy and blasted the Lilin beast with powerful red-and-yellow flames. The Lilin Demoness prepared a purple barrier to protect herself, when, from the behind, came a powerful demonic roar. The women started and looked back, to see that the presumably-dead angel had broken the chains and vanished.

"What the_" Lilith grew shocked.

"He's returned! Satan has returned!" Layla rejoiced.

Lilith widened eyes in dread - did Samael really come back to life? But the light core was still on the ground just like when she blasted Layla and made her drop it. She shivered:

"What does this mean?"

As Layla laughed with triumph that she had resurrected her 'true' brother, some horrifying fiend with a skull face, horns, and six feathered wings covered in purple flames, jumped down the ceiling, roared, and stabbed its claws right through her chest. Layla coughed blood, and gazed into the purple-flamed skeletal fiend's eyes in apparent fear. Out of losing all of her life power, she turned back into the black woman with red hair - her Basic form. She was stained with blood. Her eyes filled with tears as she watched the terrible beast:

"Wh-Why? B-Brother? Satan?"

"I shall slay everything that breathes, for I am... death!" 

The fiend stabbed Layla with his claws and threw her lifeless body off to a wall. When Lilith eyed the beast closely, she noticed it held a skeletal purple scythe – a deadly weapon.

 When Lilith eyed the beast closely, she noticed it held a skeletal purple scythe – a deadly weapon

"No way..." she trembled, "Is that really you... Samael?!"