Chapter 41: The Enemies Get Serious

From the lava cavern, Samael's painful shrieks sounded. The four princes of hell sat and waited, while Layla tortured the dark angel. She seemed to grow impatient on her own rather than make the captive's spirit break.

"Ugh, give up!" 

She stabbed her claws into Samael's chest and burned his organs from the inside. Samael let out a shrill full of pain.

"How much is left until you get that damn light core out, eh, sister?" Mammon asked, playing with a card in his hands.

"Shut up!" Layla snarled. "It is not an easy job. Come and do it yourself, if you think you're so tough!"

"Oh, no, I wouldn't brag about my toughness, my lady, but neither am I that patient in getting what I want. I am greed, after all_" 

Mammon's speech was cut by a strange, ominous sensation - a faint part of his and his siblings' conscience had died out. He clutched his card, almost tearing it apart: 

"Damn!"

Layla trembled in rage:

"Ugh, that moron, how could he not stop those four fools?"

"That is what you get for being so lazy," another brother - a handsome red-haired man - remarked. "That fool, he died so fast..."

"Ugh!" Layla gnashed her teeth and glared at Samael, "It's all because of you! You killed your brother!" 

She stabbed him deeper. Samael shrieked in pain. He heavily breathed. The sweat poured off his forehead. His eyes flashed in anger:

"None of you are my siblings... You all shall die".

"Shut up!" Layla cut his cheek with her claws. She turned to her brothers: "If one is not enough for those fools, then two of you shall go and stop them!"

"Hey, don't insult us, sister," Mammon chuckled, "Abaddon was always a loser. He was too soft and slow. I bet the rest of us will do just fine".

He stood up to go meet the 'guests' when the red-haired man grabbed his hand:

"You stay here, Mammon. Don't be too greedy for their blood. You simply wish to kill them, but I have further desires which I want to content. As you know, Samael's little wife is with them..." 

He passed his tongue on his lips in a lustful manner. Samael flared up:

"Don't you dare touch her, Asmodeus!"

"Who told you to talk?!" 

Layla stabbed him in the neck, making him cough blood. Asmodeus, the red-haired demon, laughed:

"I always wanted to try that little woman who's made you so worked-up, my angel brother".

Samael gnashed his teeth in rage.

"Alright, Asmodeus, you can go," Layla said. "At least, you are strong against women, and the invaders have two of them. But take another brother with you. I cannot bear losing any more of my brothers".

"Do not worry, sister. I'll be fine".

"May I come too?" the youngest of all the brothers - a black-haired boy with a lollipop in his mouth - asked.

"Huh? You?" Asmodeus grimaced with disgust, "You are too bloodthirsty, Belphegor. You do not tie in with my methods".

"Ugh! You can have the girls, but what will you do about the boys? Let me just eat them, duh?"

"I don't want to! I've told you, you're too gross!"

"At least I'm not a softie!" Belphegor gnashed his teeth and almost broke his lollipop to pieces.

"Who are you calling a softie?!"

"Quiet!" Layla snarled, "Both of you will go".

"Huh?" Asmodeus widened eyes, "But sister_"

"That's final!"

Asmodeus gulped and zipped his mouth. Belphegor smirked and flicked him on the forehead:

"Haha!"

"Now go!" Layla ordered.

The boys stood, unfolded their demonic wings, and flew out of the cavern. Samael sighed with distress:

Those two are a pain. Lilith, be aware of both of them, darling...