Chapter 39: The Prince of Sloth

Lily, Incubus, Amiel, and Kerubiel found themselves in the lava fields of hell, covered with crimson flames and demon skulls.

"Well, here we are. From now on, don't let your guard down, stick together, and try to follow my advice," Kerubiel ordered.

"Eh? Why your advice?" Incubus got angry.

"It's simple - because I'm the oldest and the most experienced".

"Duh, to let you know, you look like a midget".

"Don't judge by looks, child. Anyway, let's move. I can feel Samael's energy. Follow me".

He walked on. Lily and Amiel followed him without a word. Incubus went after them too, but with reluctance. 

"So, Lord Kerubiel, don't you think they would already have detected us?" Amiel looked down at her master.

"Obviously they would have, Amy. That is why I'm telling you to stick together. No one knows which demon might appear".

Just as Kerubiel said this, a glowing red sphere hit the ground. After the dusty smoke aerated, a tall black-haired man appeared, who resembled Samael by his looks. He chuckled when saw the four intruders:

 He chuckled when saw the four intruders:

"Hello. We haven't had any guests in a long while. May I please know your names, ladies and gentlemen?"

Kerubiel frowned. Amiel got a little frightened as she felt deadly energy come from this vicious man. Incubus instead gave him a youthful smirk:

"Oh, if it isn't Uncle Abaddon! I am quite surprised you were the first to volunteer to fight us - you are known as the laziest among my uncles".

"Oh, so true, so true," Abaddon smiled as if 'the laziest' was an appraisal. "But how could I miss a meeting with my precious nephew and my little sister-in-law?" 

He eyed Lily in a wolfish manner, freezing her with his vile yellow eyes.

"Well then, let's make that meeting memorable, shall we?" 

Incubus cracked his finger-joints and moved forward when Kerubiel grabbed his arm:

"Stop Incubus, it is not your fight. Let us test your mother's powers first. You said you trusted in her, didn't you? Leave this to her".

"Huh? But why? This guy isn't worth my mother's bother!"

"Trust me, step down for now. We haven't yet seen how Lily has recollected the rules of combat. Furthermore, she will need to get accustomed to the powers she's regained after so many millennia. Leave this to her. We will need your powers later on".

"Ugh, fine!" 

Incubus grumbled in indignation and stepped back. Lily blinked in surprise:

"Eh? I should fight?"

"Yes. Do not fear. Trust in your heart and your powers will come naturally," Kerubiel smiled, "Abaddon is the laziest of all the five brothers, so he will be the least threat to you. He's a good opponent to test your powers on".