Chapter 9

Double Update!!

The rest of the evening turned out to be beautiful when many artists played instruments and sang songs on the podium.

So soothing!

But where did Luiz disappear?

After sometime, many people were strutting towards the middle of the hall for dance. 

Caroline came towards me and asked, "Where is Luiz?"

How would I know?

"I don't know.", I said.

"Care for a dance?", a man in his early fifties asked.
I was confused if he was asking me or Caroline.

Then he extended his hand towards me and I looked at Caroline.
"It is your wish Lara.", she just shrugged her shoulders and left.

Even before I gave my answer, this man took my arm and dragged me to the dance floor.

How dare he?

He held my left hand with his right and was about to place his other hand on my waist.

"NO!", I said firmly.

I don't care what he will think about me. I was in no mood to dance and especially with him.

If I don't want to do something, I will not. No matter what others think!

His eyebrows came together in a frown.

"No as in?", he asked.

"I don't want to dance with you.", I said and turned back to leave.

But I hit someone hard and was about to loose my balance when a pair of hands held me.

Luiz!

I regained my balance and stood straight.

"I am sorry Mr. Brown, but my wife always throws tantrums like this so please don't mind.", Luiz said.

I throw tantrums? This is news to me! How dare he say that when it is not true? Don't I even have freedom to a say a NO when I don't want it?

"Oh maybe she should work upon it Luiz.", he said in a sarcastic tone and left.

I hate this man and I hate Luiz more.

Luiz pulled me towards him. I gasped when his face came so close and his hands went around my waist.

"Stop creating a scene here Lara! You are ruining my reputation.", he said gritting his teeth.

Ewww! He is drunk!

"No I am not. If I am not interested to dance with anyone I will not dance.", I said looking straight into his eyes.

He was beyond pissed off. His grip on my waist tightened.

"You know what, you have a lot of head weight because of that pretty face of yours. Sadly, these men over here see only that pretty face and not the witch hidden behind it. Also, you have  managed to grab wonderful business opportunities because of me. You must be on Cloud nine.", he said that all at once.

I don't believe it. I was a witch?

I removed his arms from my waist and chose to leave because he was hurt and drunk. There is no point in talking to him now but I would discuss about this later.

However, Luiz pulled me back into his arms.

He bent over and whispered in my ear, "I shall never let you succeed in anything Lara. Trust me, you would regret meeting me in your life. You have messed up with a wrong person."

"Leave me Luiz, you are the one who is creating a scene now, not me.", I said trying to free myself from his grip.

I was looking around to see if anyone is seeing us.

Oh no! A few people did notice us.

Then my eyes met with someone.

Is it him? Or are my eyes playing games with me? But if it's him, why will he be here?

I couldn't look away from that person because I was trying to confirm if it is him.

My God! Its him. The guy I never wanted to meet again in my life. He was looking at me right now with those angry eyes, as if I am his property. But anyways I shouldn't care much.

"Who are you looking at?", Luiz asked.

Oh I forgot about Luiz completely.

"Umm nothing, I mean no one.", I replied by stammering.

What's wrong with me? Why am I stammering?

Luiz just swung me to the other side so that he can see the person I was looking at. He drew his eyebrows closer in a frown. Then a devilish smile danced on his lips.

"So, looks like you have a story. Interesting!", Luiz said grinning at me.

Now this is too much! 

I just pushed him and walked away quickly from the place.

I wanted to go home.

I quickly searched for Caroline to inform her and leave.

"Caroline, I am not feeling well can I leave?", I asked her.

"Oh why what happened? Please wait it's almost dinner time. After that we all shall leave together." she said.

Having no other option, I went and sat on one of the chairs where other guests were also sitting.

I closed my eyes and started massaging my forehead with my fingers to relax myself.

"Do you want some drinks gal?", I heard a similar voice.

I opened my eyes to see the man who asked me for a dance earlier.

"I am Mr. Brown.", he said.

What does he want now?

"No, I don't drink.", I said.

He laughed like a barbaric fellow drawing attention of many in the hall.

What is so funny in it?

"I had a secretary who was meek and innocent like you. She said the same thing and I had no option but to have her share of drinks. And finally, we ended up making out that night in my drunk state.", he said.

You pervert ass!

"Oh if I was in her place I would have thrown the drink on your face Mr. Brown.", I said and got up.

"Oh my name sounds so good from that mouth of yours babe.", he said flirtingly.

I just left him over there and walked away.

I don't have peace anywhere at this place. 

Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

It was Portia who was looking very elegant and beautiful in her knee length blue dress. But behind her was him who was still looking at me with anger in his eyes.

Dear High Fliers!!

Please make me feel happy by clicking the star at the end of this chapter.

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO