Chapter 17

Double Update!!!

Doctor did the checkups and said, "Nothing to worry, her BP level fluctuated. That was the reason why she fainted."

"Can we see her now?", I asked.

"She has not regained her conscious yet. Once she gains her consciousness, you can meet her.", the doctor said.

"I hope she is fine.", Luiz asked.

"Yeah, she is.", the doctor replied.

After a minute, Luiz went and sat on one of the couches in the hospital.

I went and sat next to him.

Luiz cares so much for his mom. The way he handled the situation the way he took care of her made my heart melt for him. People do take care of their family members. But this was the first time I was experiencing it. In spite of so many misunderstandings between them, he still loves her so much.

If a guy really loves and respects his mom, then he is definitely worth a chance.

"You can leave if you want to.", he said.

"I don't want to leave both of you alone.", I said.

"Can you just stop acting at least now?", he said frustrated.

I kept looking at him. I didn't want to answer him back.

"I am talking to you.", he said.

Is the man sitting in front of me the man who I saw in pictures a few hours ago? He has changed so much.

My stomach was growling.

"Did you eat?", I asked him.

"What? Have you lost it?", he asked me.

I smiled at him and said, "No. I am hungry."

His expression softened.

"Okay go have something.", he said.

I stood up and held his hand.

"Come with me.", I said.

He drew his hand back and said, "Mom is not well, I can't come."

"Well she is doing fine now. In order to take care of her you should first take care of yourself. Let's have dinner before she is back to her consciousness.", I said.

He looked at me for a while longer and said, "Okay."

All of a sudden, I felt like my vision was blurring. My head felt heavy and I lost balance.

"Lara.. Lara.." was all I heard.

Minutes later I felt someone splashing water on my face.

What happened?

"Are you fine?", he asked me.

"What happened to me?", I asked him.

"You fainted.", he said.

"Oh, I didn't have my breakfast properly and I didn't have lunch also.", I said.

In a fraction of second, Luiz just scooped me in his arms as if I was weightless.

Shit! It's quite a show!

"We shall have food now.", he said.

He is bipolar!!

We both were having our first dinner together in the hospital canteen. But it was so nice to be with him. I was happy that I was with him in such a situation where he needed a shoulder to cry on.

"I will have to go to Russia along with mom.", he said finally breaking the silence.

"I will accompany both of you.", I said.

"No need of that. The situation there will be more critical.", he said.

"That's why I want to come.", I said,

"Lara, listen to me at least for once in your life. Please be here.", he said in a calm tone.

I had no other option but to agree.

"I will miss you.", I said and immediately regretted it.

He lifted his right eyebrow.

"I mean... nothing.", I said like an idiot.

He continued eating his food.

Thank god! He didn't make a scene out of it.

We went to the room Caroline was admitted in. She regained her conscious.

Luiz sat next to her and held her right palm in both his hands.

"I was so worried mom!", he said and he hugged her.

"I am fine now. I want to go to Russia.", she said.

"I have done the arrangements. We shall leave tomorrow.", he said.

"Thank you, Luiz.", she said.

He cupped Caroline's face.

"I am sorry mom. I am sorry for hurting you.", he said.

"Its fine. I deserve it though.", she said.

Too late, I had tears in my eyes. It was so emotional seeing both of them like that.

I am falling in love! Not just with Luiz, but with the family and the little world these two live in. They are so supportive to each other. I just love them!

"Lara darling come here.", Caroline said.

I wiped my tears and went towards her.

"Why are you crying?", she asked.

"I am not crying Caroline. Its just that it feels so good to see both of you like this.", I said.

"We are like this.", she chuckled.

"We will be leaving to Russia tomorrow. Please take care of yourself. I might stay there for long but Luiz will be back before me. So please take care of him too.", she said.

"I don't need anyone to take care of me. I am a grown up.", he said.

He is back to being rude now.

"I will.", I said.

"We shall go home and discuss the rest.", Luiz said.

After almost an hour we reached home.

"I will help you with packing your things.", I said to Caroline.

"No need of that I shall manage.", she said.

"Let her help you mom. You are weak now.", Luiz said.

I helped her in packing her things. This was the first time I was in Caroline's room and it was well decorated and well lit. Finally, the whole luggage came up to three suitcases.

I was about to leave when Caroline said, "Sleep here Lara."

I couldn't say a no because even I wanted to spend more time with her. She is leaving to Russia tomorrow.

I will miss her a lot!

Later that night in spite of me insisting her to sleep, she hardly slept. She was telling about her and Luiz. It was amazing to be with her. Then she spoke about her businesses. She told that Luiz will handle everything till she returns and after that I will handle the businesses she gave me under her guidance.

It was really wonderful to be with her.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Please take a few seconds of your time to VOTE for the DOUBLE UPDATE :)

Make my day by COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all <3 XOXO