Chapter 29

My love to all my readers from United Kingdom and Philippines.

I opened my eyes and saw that everything was white.

Am I in heaven?

Then I saw to the right of me and there was a woman standing there who looked like a nurse.

She is a nurse for real, you dumbo!

She saw me and went out. Then, I observed the surroundings around me. It was a hospital.

I am in a hospital. So, I am not dead.

After a few seconds, doctor came running towards me.

"How are you feeling Lara?", she asked.

"Umm fine. Where is Luiz?", I asked.

"Luiz will come.", she said.

She gave some instructions to the nurse and left.

The nurse gave me a very warm smile and I smiled back at her.

This hospital looks so good!

After few seconds Luiz came inside the room and he immediately walked towards me by taking huge steps.

He sat on the seat next to my bed and held my palm in between both his palms.

I saw his eyes they had dark circles under them. Then, he bent his head on my palm.

"Luiz?", I called.

He lifted his head immediately and I saw his face again.

"I am sorry Lara. You had to go through so much because of me.", he said in a very sad tone.

"Its okay Luiz. I am fine now. But, how are you? Even you were hit by the bullet, right?", I asked.

"The bullet did not hit me. It just brushed past my arm by hurting my skin.", he said.

"Oh, hope you are fine now.", I said.

"I am.", he said.

"What happened?", I asked him.

"I just would not have been able to forgive myself if something would have happened to you. One life was already lost because of me. I would not have been able to tolerate it anymore if anything like that would have happened again.", he said.

He was really hurt and looked exhausted.

"Shhhh... I am fine. There will always be a few things which once done, cannot be undone. But we should be more careful from now on.", I said.

"He is dead.  David is dead. I could finally do justice to Maryam's soul.", he said with relief.

I was sad.

But wait, did Luiz know before itself that it was David who killed Maryam.

"You knew that David killed Maryam?", I asked.

"Yes. But how do you know?", he asked me.

"David told me.", I said.

"Really? "

"But how do you know?", I asked.

"David went to Italy for his higher studies and he learnt Italian. When I was a friend of Daniel, I used to talk to David and I used to learn a bit of Italian from him whenever we met. So the first word I learnt from him was CIAO which means HELLO and from then, whenever we met, we used to say ciao to each other. When Maryam died, her father gave a note to me which was lying near her dead body. It had CIAO written on it. I understood it that time itself, that it was him.", he said.