Chapter 23

December-31-2015

It was the last day of this year. This year was successful. My businesses flourished well and I could support my mom in every situation she needed me. Also, I got a person who is my soulmate, Maryam! I can never let go a soulmate like her! From the last few days, I was just doing office work and texting Maryam whenever I was free. I can't wait for tomorrow. I am going to propose her!

Lara's P.O.V

The diary of 2015 was over. I had some mixed emotions.

They had such a great love story.

I envied them.

Not all the people are lucky enough to have the person they love, loving them back.

But at the same time, I was jealous.

I was nothing when it comes to the likings of Luiz. I was completely opposite to the kind of women he was attracted to.

I seriously didn't know if I would be able to read the diary of the next year. It was personal and private. I felt like an intruder. But then many question came in my mind.

How did Maryam die? Was it a death due to some health problem? Or was it an accident? Or was it a murder?

Finally, I decided that I would read the diary.

With a heavy heart, I opened the diary of 2016.

Jan-1-2016

It was new year! A new opportunity. I promise myself to keep my mom safe at every moment of life. I would always make her proud. But this year is going to be more special for me because of Maryam. I made arrangements for our date in one of our hotels. I went to one of our jewellery shops to get one diamond ring for her. She shall be completely mine tonight! She was back from Bora Bora and I went to pick her up. I saw her. I was shocked was an understatement! She was wearing a tight mini black dress with too many cuts. 

Gosh! The dress was too revealing. But she looked very sexy in that dress. I didn't comment anything about the dress. I didn't really mind much if she was comfortable wearing such dresses. It was completely her wish. I would never object her for anything. Moreover, according to my experience, girls don't like to be told as to what they should wear.

She sat next to me on the passenger seat and I gave her a quick kiss on her lips. It was very difficult to keep my hands to myself especially when she dressed this sexy. But I had to control myself. I wanted to take it slow. I wanted to make our date very special.

I took her to the restaurant of the hotel and we headed to the private dining room over there. The room was filled with roses and candles. I saw her face. She was so happy. Well, that was what I wanted. I wondered how many times she said AWWWW. But it was very cute. After having dinner, I took her to the terrace of the hotel. It was windy because the building was at a height. The sight was amazing. One could see a part of well-lit city from here. Moreover, it was a full moon night. The sight was amazing.

Before proposing I wanted to tell her the truth. After that it was her wish to accept me or not. I held her face in my palms and told her that I wanted to share something with her. She was listening carefully.

I told her that I was a junkie before. She didn't give any expression. Of course, it was in news before. I told her that I had connections with a guy called Daniel. He used to supply me drugs whenever I required. But I never wanted others to use them because I knew what kind of different world it takes a person to. But Daniel used to supply it to my friends without my knowledge. One day, I came to know when one of my childhood friends was using it. I confronted him and he told me that there were many of my friends who knew about my habit and they were also into taking drugs. I went and threatened Daniel after which he said that he would stop the supply to my friends. Later when dad passed away, I took a decision that I would change and support my mom always. So I asked him to stop the supply to me. He became furious because his business was affecting very much because of me. I didn't care a damn about him. But then, he threatened me saying that he would do something to my mom if I do not accept his supply and pay for it. Or he said that he wanted me to bring new customers to him among my friends. I became damn frustrated with him so I decided to expose him and hand over to the cops by denying my involvement in it. He was then punished by the court because of which he is currently in jail now. After that, it was very difficult for me to come out of the addiction. I sometimes completely lost it. But my mom helped me to get out of it. She called the best doctors for the treatment and it took me approximately more than a year to get over it. But I had the will to get over it so I did it. 

She heaved a long sigh after listening to what I said. Then she said that she was actually proud of me and she understood my struggle. My spirits were awake once again and I proposed her by slipping the diamond ring on her ring finger.

I was really happy with what she said. I knew that she would understand me. 

I kissed her forehead. Then she started kissing me on my entire face. I couldn't take it anymore. We went to the private room of the hotel which was at the top floor. I was really impatient to make her mine once again tonight.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Isn't Luiz soooo damn expressive and romantic <3

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO