Chapter 39

I love parties but I don't know how to dress up for one.

As soon as Luiz left for work I started scanning my wardrobe. Every party dress seemed so beautiful, that I was confused to choose which one to wear.

A dress in the corner caught my attention.

It was a short silver colour sparkly two-piece dress. I never wore a short dress before. So I wanted to try it for the first time.

I wore it and checked myself in the mirror.

Not bad! I will wear it in the evening.

It was evening and I was waiting for Luiz.

Can't he be home a little early?

"Why are you not ready yet?", he asked as soon as he entered the room.

"I was waiting for you. I didn't know when you will come to pick me up.", I said.

"Fine be quick.", he said and went to bathroom.

I want to take bath too.

I went to the bathroom of the next room and took a quick shower and changed myself to the silver dress.

I went back to the room and Luiz was no where.

Oh no! he is done! I am late.

I quickly combed my hair and applied lipstick and a lot of mascara. I put silver hoop earrings which were gifted by Sarah on my twentieth birthday.

I paired it with silver stilettos.

I am ready!

I went downstairs and saw Luiz sitting on couch and reading a magazine.

"Shall we leave?", I asked.

He raised his head from the magazine and looked at me.

His eyes looked at me sensually and scanned me from head to toe.

He walked towards me and said, "It's a formal party."

Oh no, I always used to see Annie dress this way for her birthday party and for others' birthday party. But I forgot that the party will not be a regular birthday party because Luiz is a big business man.

"Should I change?", I asked.

"No.", he said staring at me for a while longer and then walked past me. I had no option but to follow him.

I opened my own car door and sat inside.

As soon as I sat the dress went up more and it didn't go unnoticed by him.

He moved his gaze from me and started driving.

Why is he behaving unusual?

"The dress is exposing your wound.", he said.

"Wound?", I asked.

He placed my hair behind and touched my shoulder where I was shot by the gun.

Even though he was touching my wound which was almost healed now, it brought butterflies in my stomach.

"Here.", he said looking at me.

I looked at his palm and his eyes and continued to look.

He turned his face away and suddenly he was about to lose his control on the car steering as our car jumped a bit .

"Shit I missed the speed breaker!", he said in a worried tone.

"Why didn't you put your seat belt?", he said irritatingly.