Chapter 48

I went back to the party hall. I was searching for Annie.

"Lara, where did Luiz take you?", Annie asked from back.

She was chuckling.

"Nothing.", I said because I did not know what to reply.

"Oh god! Come here.", she pulled me out of the hall and took me to one of the rest rooms.

"Show your neck.", she said brushing away the small amount of hair I had around my neck.

"It's a love bite.", she said depressed.

"Means?", I asked.

"See for yourself in the mirror.", she said and I saw.

There was a bruise kind of thing on my neck because of which there was a huge reddish mark.

Oh no! This can be so embarrassing. Maybe this is the reason why Alex was staring at my neck.

"Hide it.", Annie said.

I drew all my hair to one side to hide the mark.

It's a love bite. A LOVE bite! Which means Luiz loves me. My happiness knew no bounds!!

I went back to the party hall with her from garden.

There was a lot of commotion in the party as Alex was sitting on a bike.

Who brought such a large bike inside?

It was written Ducati on it.

People were cheering so much.

So it is his birthday gift!

I looked around for Luiz.

He was still in the lounge drinking with Portia and the guy I think whose name was Eric.

He was laughing, smiling and talking as if nothing happened between us just some time before.

After a few minutes, our eyes met. He looked at me for just few seconds and got engaged in conversation with his friends again.

He is so different tonight! He is making me feel special and he is avoiding me at the same time. Wont he make me meet his friends? Like the way he did to Maryam?

Argh! What's wrong with me? 

"Excuse me. I will just come.", Annie said and excused herself and I stood there all alone.

All of a sudden, in that huge crowd I was feeling alone.

I saw the crowd moving away. 

After a few minutes, a huge cake was placed on the table. There was a knife which was like a small sword. Alex wore a crown on his head. There was a throne kind of seat placed near the cake.

Alex went and sat on it and held the sword in his hand, ready to cut the cake.

Now this is really too much! He does not look like prince, he looks like a buffoon!

All the girls around him started howling and he finally cut the cake and there were some sparkles which were sprayed by his friends after which they all became uncontrollable.

They were screaming very loudly and once again the songs started to play and people started to dance and drink.

Luiz and Eric were in the same place drinking. There was a very pretty girl sitting next to Luiz. Annie did not come back so I decided to go to Luiz.