Chapter 65

Please motivate me by commenting and voting guyz... I love reading comments..

Maryam gaped her mouth in utter shock.

I was as curious as hell.

I excused myself to dress and went to restroom. I quickly got dressed to hear their conversation.

"Just tell me is it true or not.", Luiz shouted on top of his voice on her.

Tears were pooling in her eyes.

Then she whispered, "Yes."

"But let me explain.", she added.

"I don't care anymore Maryam. I hate you so much after I knew that you were involved with Eric.". he snapped back.

What? Maryam and Eric? But how is it possible? Eric is Luiz's best friend!

"Please listen to me Luiz. I have my own reasons. I was in a situation where I couldn't help it.", she said breaking down.

"Were you in a situation where you couldn't resist your temptation?", he asked sarcastically.

"Please don't talk so cheap about me Luiz.", she said pleading.

Luiz just jerked his face away. He took a deep breath and asked, "Why?"

"I was shot that night on my back. Luckily the wound was not deep and was in the region a little below the shoulder.'

She sighed and continued.

"I collapsed immediately and the next thing I knew was I woke up in my mom dad's hospital. Trust me, the first thing I wanted to do was just talk to you and have you around me. But you were no where around me. I asked my mom and dad about you and they told me that they informed you that I was dead. I was shocked at first. I confronted them which turned out to be a heated argument.", she paused and wiped her tears off with the back of her hands.

"In the course of argument, we saw Eric at the door. He visited to see my dead body but was shocked to see me alive. I knew he had feelings for me from much before but he never expressed it because we were together.", she said.

Luiz was shocked hearing that.

She continued speaking, "Yeah Luiz, he loves me a lot. Me and my parents were shocked to see him know the truth. My dad took him out for a private talk and after sometime they came back to me.

Mom and dad excused themselves.

Eric sat next to me and took my hand in his hand. I didn't jerk away as I needed support and a shoulder to cry on. He then told me that he will not disclose the truth to you or anybody in the world. He told me that being in relation with you would always be a threat to my life as David would kill me someday."

I saw hurt in Luiz's face. Of course, it was his best friend and girlfriend who betrayed him.

"Even my mom and dad said the same thing while we argued. I felt that what they spoke actually made sense because trust me Luiz it is very difficult to tolerate that pain. It was unbearable.", she said.

Luiz shook his head. He felt defeated. I never saw him like that.

"Do you think I would have not kept you safe Maryam?", he asked.

"Well you failed once Luiz.", she said.

"It was not my fault Maryam it was your fault. You went home without security.", he screamed.

"Luiz please calm down. I know its my fault.", she said.

Wow! How quickly she changed her words.

"Eric took a good care of me in the hospital. He also helped my mom and dad while I was shifting to Bora Bora. Then he used to visit me every now and then. Soon, I got attached to him and one day he proposed me to which I said a yes. Even my parents were really happy about us."

"But then I really missed you Luiz. Whenever I went on date with him, whenever he hugged or kissed me, whenever I made love to him I always used to think about you. It was only you.", she sighed.

"I was just emotionally attached to him. I like him a lot. But I never loved him. But it was too late to realize that. It was so emotionally draining for me to love you but stay in the relation with him. He was just a support during my bad times Luiz. It was you and it will always be you I will ever love.", she said.

Luiz looked at her with an expressionless face.

"I was scared that he would blackmail me. He was head over heels in love with me. I couldn't understand how should I end what was there between me and him. I was so tired. You know what Luiz, when I came to know that you got married I felt like my whole world was shattered. I couldn't understand how could you move on when you loved me so much. I could not sleep for two nights. I decided to tell Eric about my true feelings for you. But, my parents said that my life would be still under threat and that stopped me again and continue what I had with Eric.", she said after two drops of tears fell from her eyes.

"So you decided to come back to my life after David was encountered.", Luiz said it as a concluding statement.

"It was difficult to convince Eric when I wanted to get back to you. As expected he blackmailed me but I told him that it was even his fault that he betrayed his friend.", she said.

"So you guys agreed mutually to not to reveal your so called secrets.", Luiz said.

"Try and understand Luiz, I was really scared of David. You don't know how difficult it is to get back to life after you are out of the death mouth.", she said defending himself.

"Enough Maryam.", Luiz shouted on top of his voice to which I and she jolted.

"I am sorry Luiz.', she said.

"Was our love not enough for you? Was that the kind of compatibility we had? Was that the trust you had on me? I was dying here and all along you happily moved on in your life with none other than my best friend. You both are certified betrayers.", he said running his hands through his hair.

"I cried for you. I cursed myself for loosing you. I never let anyone in my life after you. It was two years of pain and agony. Had it not been for my mother I would have probably even killed myself.", he said furiously.

I felt his pain. He was going back to his old days which was escalating my heartbeat by looking at him in pain.

"I loved you so much.", he said and my heart instantly broke.

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on Wattpad.

Love you all <3 XOXO

For more updates follow me on Instagram at anjana_1118