Chapter 46

"Its Portia.", he said and took the call.

"Hey Portia. Everything good? You usually do not call at this time.", he said.

"Seriously? You could have called me tomorrow morning for this.", he said.

They spoke for few more minutes and I sat on one of the couches and took my shoes off.

"It's Alex's birthday tomorrow. She invited us.", he said after he was done speaking.

I didn't like the thought of that person's birthday. But I was not scared anymore. I had Luiz with me now.

"So, we have to go?", I asked him.

"At least for Portia, we should.", he said.

"But she could have called tomorrow morning, right?", I said.

"She is way too excited because Eric one of our best friend is also going to attend the party. He is coming here after two years from Bora Bora.", he said.

I remember reading his name in the diary.

"She likes him?", I asked.

"She is crazy about him. But he treats her like a friend only.", he said.

I felt sad for her.

I can understand how she might be feeling right now.

"He loves someone else?", I asked.

"I don't know. But back then, few of my friends told that he liked Maryam but he never expressed it because we were together.", he said.

"Did you ever ask him about it?", I asked.

"No, it would ruin our friendship. I just avoided it. Moreover, it was something that few of our common friends told me. So, I decided to avoid it.", he said.

"Okay.", I said.

"Let's sleep. It's really late.", he said.

We later went to sleep. Even though I was on bed, I couldn't sleep that night due to happiness. I was very happy about the day we spent.

I turned back to see if Luiz was awake.

But he was in deep sleep.

I went and sat next to a window for hours.

I just don't want these happy times to end. I just want to scream out that I don't want to divorce him. Maybe, he was being this nice to me because he will leave me soon. But why do I feel that he likes me?

He just likes me because I saved his life and took care of him. But I feel like he can never love me and accept me as his wife. We do not live like how a husband and a wife live. He just behaved with me like how any friend would probably do.

A tear rolled down from my eye.

Maybe I should not expect something more than this? Maybe I shouldn't expect anything at all.

But I can't live without him.

"Why are you crying?", I heard Luiz's voice and jerked away.

"Oh my god! You scared me.", I said with a heavy breath and wiped my tears.

"Do you know what time it is?", he asked.

I could not see the wall clock as the room was still dark. But I looked at the sky and I could see that the Sun was almost about to rise.

"It's morning five.", he answered to his own question.

I stared at him blankly.

"What is bothering you?", he asked.