Chapter 61

Luiz supported me in almost everything he could. Caroline gave her support too.

But I must admit! The quality of Maryam's work was really good!

I knew I hate her. But deep down in my mind, I admired her too.

All the team members thought of celebrating the acceptance of my project.

Luiz suggested a party in one of the posh pubs around. He said that it would not be an official party but a casual one as the official one will be after we go back to Brazil.

Yess! It will be a little celebration of the acceptance of my project! My first project!

My happiness knew no bounds!

Today evening I will go to a pub.

I wanted to dress gorgeous not for Luiz or anybody else but for myself.

I felt very beautiful about myself and I wanted to just slay it.

I decided to go for shopping.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Hey!", Luiz said and entered my room.

"What brought you here Mr. Luiz?", I asked him playfully.

"Stop calling me Mr. Luiz when we are not at work.", he said sulking at me.

"Fine.", I said.

"First of all, it's quite irritating to come to your room again and again.", he said.

He badly wanted both of us to stay in one room. But I denied it as I would be distracted.

"What are you here for?", I asked him to divert the topic.

"I came here to inform you that I will be late today evening for the party at the pub. So you guys carry on.", he said.

"May I know why?", I asked him.

"Meeting one of my old friend.", he said.

"An ex-girlfriend?", I asked.

He just smiled.

My blood was boiling!

I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"You seem to be jealous.", he said with a devilish smile.

"I am not. I am hardly affected by all this. I knew you were a Casanova before!", I said twitching my mouth.

His eyes went wide after hearing the word CASANOVA.

I soon regretted saying that.

"Well looks like you are developing your knowledge in unnecessary things as well.", he said raising his eyebrows.

I learnt it from Sarah. When we were browsing Luiz's pictures one day.

"Whatever!", I said.

His devilish smile was back again.

"I am not a Casanova, Lara. But trust me! I am capable of being one.", he said in a challenging tone and emphasizing on the word Casanova.

"Good for you! I care a damn.", I said in an irritating tone.

"Really?", he asked.

"Well yeah!", I said shrugging my shoulders as if I don't care.

"Okay", he said it with an accent and left a room in a swag.

I released a deep breath.

I decided to go for shopping on my own with my own hard-earned money!