Chapter 13

I had a side glance at him

I had a side glance at him. He was still awake.

My mind drifted back to memories again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can Maria be so ruthless?

There were these three lambs which came into our garden, we don't know from where. They were so cute.

I was sad and heart broken.

After the function that day in college, Annie was head over heels for Luiz. She kept saying to Maria that she wanted Luiz. My dad knew Luiz's mom Caroline so they agreed to have lunch with us today.

I am sure it means more than lunch for Maria and Annie.

What if Luiz agrees to marry Annie?

So what? He will definitely be someone else's husband in his life. So it should not kill me this much.

"They will come today. Make sure those lambs are killed. Or else they will create a mess.", Maria said.

Nooooooo, she cannot kill those innocent creatures.

I ran out of the kitchen and went to literally beg her.

"Please Maria! Please don't kill them. I shall keep them away when the guests come.", I said.

"No way. Just go and cook fast, you ass.", saying that she pushed me away.

"Please... please... don't do this. I promise to keep them away.", I said as I was crying.

She grabbed my hair and pulled it.

"If they create a mess then I shall kill them.", she said like a warning.

"Hmmm", I said.

I cooked the food and cleaned the house.

It was my time to hide in the guest house and hide those lambs.

It was almost an hour. I was playing with the three lambs.

The room turned out to be stuffy due to lack of ventilation. I tried opening the windows but they were very dusty.

I was very tired to clean the windows.

I opened the door slightly for fresh air.

All of a sudden one of the lamb managed to escape.

Oh no, I am so brainless!

I quickly closed the door so that the rest of the two lambs don't run out.

I ran behind the lamb but it was running so quickly.