Crossing the Threshold

October 18

"It should be interesting having a cat in 221B Baker Street." Sherlock mused as he walked with Susanna to the door of Brooklyn's flat. They'd just gotten back and their first stop, after greeting Mycroft and Sherlock's parents, was to pick up Ziva. Susanna chuckled.

"It means you'll have to be a lot more careful with what you leave out."

"I am aware. I cleaned up the lab equipment and secured them."

"Excellent." Susanna rapped three times on the door.

It took a minute or so but the doorknob turned and revealed an excited Brooklyn, who tackled Susanna in a hug.

"Welcome back!!"

"Hey, Brooklyn! Glad to be back!!" The two embraced and the Brooklyn stepped back, knowing full well Sherlock wasn't one to hug others besides Susanna and John. She grinned.

"Enjoy the Honeymoon?"

"Indeed." Sherlock replied. Brooklyn chuckled and waved them in.

"Ziva was very well behaved although she missed her Furmom." Brooklyn explained as Susanna walked in and saw the large, fluffy feline lounging by the window.

"Hey, Zee-Vah!" Susanna cooed and almost skipped to her furbaby. Ziva stretched and stood up, greeting Susanna with several loud meows and a hearty pur. The peach blonde cat lover picked up Ziva and cuddled her, "I knew you'd be good for Brooklyn! I bet you had fun with Loki!"

"Those two are too funny to watch. Loki loves slicking against Ziva's fur." The two ladies laughed and Sherlock retrieved the carrier for Ziva as they chatted a bit.

Susanna had him set the carrier on its end and gently dropped Ziva in through the top, since she would otherwise block herself from being put in there. Then she set it back down and hugged Brooklyn again.

"Thank you for watching Ziva, Brooklyn." Sherlock stated.

"Anytime. Always a pleasure to have another cat around," Brooklyn chuckled, "I can't wait to see how you adjust to having Susanna and Ziva at the flat."

"I doubt the adjustment will take longer than a week," The detective deduced, "Anyways we had better get going. Ziva needs to get settled and John is waiting with Rosie and Hudders."

"Of course. Get going, you two." After one last kiss on the cheek, Susanna picked up Ziva and the newlyweds left for 221B.

Mycroft's sedan dropped them off with their luggage before driving away again. Susanna and Sherlock gathered their bags and packages as John and Missus Hudson threw open the door, "Hello, dearies!"

"Hello!" John stepped past the landlady to help the couple get their things inside. As he walked over he greeted Susanna with a brief hug.

"Sherlock behave well for you?" Susanna nodded with a light grin.

"Nearly perfectly, John." He smiled and then turned to his best friend. John marched over and Sherlock welcomed the firm, brotherly hug and back pat.

"Welcome back, Sherlock."

"Good to be back, John. I'm glad to see that England didn't fall during my absence."

"It almost did but we managed. Like some help?" He saw the quantity of baggage they had to move. Susanna would have made a valiant trek into the flat, somehow expertly balancing half the bags plus Ziva, if Sherlock hadn't nodded to John. John got the hint and blocked the ex-nanny, "I'll take those, Susanna."

"I can manage it but thank you, John."

Nonetheless John enjoyed relieving her of the load. Her face was priceless and she tried to stop him as he lugged the stuff inside the front doors, but then Sherlock blocked her as well, "Wait, Susanna." He instructed plainly.

Missus Hudson tsked, "Oh, boys, if she wants to carry her own bags in then let her!"

"Considering she is my new wife and this is her first time entering 221 Baker Street as such, isn't there a ceremony to uphold?" Sherlock explained. Missus Hudson then turned to a fit of giggles.

"Ceremony on Baker Street!" She exclaimed to the amusement of the others. Once the luggage was hauled upstairs and into the living room, much to Susanna's chagrin, then Sherlock came back outside and lifted her bridal style into his arms.

"Sherlock!" He did it so quickly it startled her a bit. But he only laughed and carried her inside and up the stairs, "You didn't have to carry me this far!"

"Worth it to see your face, Love." He replied and swept her over the threshold into the living room. Missus Hudson, Rosie and John applauded the married couple's first official arrival at the flat and Sherlock stole a quick kiss from a flustered Susanna before releasing her.

Rosie hurried to Susanna and latched onto her legs, "Zuzu home!" The others laughed and the latter picked her up.

"Yes, Rosie. I'm home." The little girl beamed and hugged Susanna's neck before reaching for Sherlock.

"Uncle Shewlock home too!!"

"Hello, Rosie." He greeted. Then she squirmed and he set her down again.

Susanna grinned and walked to the packages, "We brought some goodies for everyone."

"What? Seriously?" John questioned.

"Yep!" They gathered round and Susanna dispensed the gifts. Some candies and a dreamcatcher for Rosie, a couple sculptures for Missus Hudson, and a couple wool jumpers plus a personalized leather wristband for John. The latter's had been chosen and customized by Sherlock.

It had been an amateur attempt at leather working, but John loved it anyway. It had the date of their first meeting and their initials, plus Rosie's and Mary's stamped into the dark leather. Sherlock had wanted to commemorate their longsuffering friendship and Susanna had coaxed him on.

Eventually John had to leave and take Rosie for a playdate and Missus Hudson popped out to the shops. With the flat quiet, Sherlock and Susanna moved their things into the bedroom and then closed off the flat before setting up for Ziva and setting the fuzzy Tortie loose.

As they monitored her wanderings, the two shed their coats and scarves before sitting down to sift through the wedding presents that had been delivered. Most of them were small and all, per their explicit instructions, were practical. Their most favorite was the high thread count violet and cream egyptian cotton bed set from Thalia.

They changed it and Ziva immediately hopped onto the freshly made king bed, curling into a tight ball in the exact center, "I'd say she likes her new home." Susanna mused.

Sherlock came up behind her and placed his hands on her hips. He breathed into her ear, "And do you like it, Love?"

Susanna leaned into him, "I love it. It has you in it, after all."

He smiled and kissed her neck, "Welcome home, Missus Holmes."

Thank you for reading!!